Moccasins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moccasins

I was wondering does anyone know how to turn moccasins into boot moccasins? I have fully beaded moccasins that someone had made for me. I would like to keep the beaded part.

Also, how do I reinforce the sole? Thier are thin.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
    :D

are they hard sole or soft sole?
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

they are soft

Comment

What I did once to my daughter's soft soles mocs, was to glue a hard sole right on the bottom. I noticed where her footprints were on the bottoms, and cut out hard soles that big. Know what I mean?? So the hard sole was smaller than the original.

Then I used rubber cement and put a thin layer on both the bottom of the moc, and the top of the hard sole. The trick is to let it dry, THEN you put the two pieces together. It lasted until she grew out of them.

One way to make high top mocs is to make a top that will wrap around your leg with an overlap of a couple inches. Sew it to the top of your moc lining it up with the top outside edge - near the tongue, on the left side for the left moc, or the right side for the right moc. Sew it clear around until you get to the inside edge.

To fasten it: You can put buttons down the outer edge, hooks and eyes, Velcro, little buckskin ties, or just use a long buckskin string and wrap it around your leg starting at the top and working your way down to the ankle - Traditional Shoshone way.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

LOL ..yeah what she said!! Thanks Wyo!
          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

OH YEAH!!

That is a good idea..I did not even think about that!!
            Good thing I posted in here

Thanks for the info!!! :D <--me smiling LOL missing tooth and all jks

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X