quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quilting

Can anyone recommend some material on starting to quilt, this has always interested me a great deal also.

I have tried quilting -- not really my thing...........

But I did find some instruction booklets at the fabric store where you can make a baby sized quilt in a weekend. That was pretty cool.

It actually took longer than a weekend........but I guess it depends on how dedicated you are to get your project done.

I started small to see if I would like it.

I like sewing, too. But the quilting thing just wasn't for me.:p

Comment

This site has some tips and a ton of free patterns for quilt blocks. I have made a few quilts for my family and found it was fun to do. I break all kinds of quilters 'rules' though. The points on my triangles are not lost- they are hiding in the seams :)

http://www.quilterscache.com/

Comment

www.about.com has some good stuff on quilting and appliques :)
        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• sherryh1014
          beading on ready-made items
          by sherryh1014
          I would like to do some beadwork for some things that i have that are already made, like a checkbook, doctors bag and jacket, ect. but i am not sure how i would attach beadwork to the ready made items without looking like it's just setting there on the top. I tried a small purse and it was not good,...
          10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
        • Grey_Wolf
          Designs
          by Grey_Wolf
          I do beadwork on a loom and I've been doing it for a while now. People have just recently started buying the work that I do. My problem is that my designs are seeming sort of overused, frankly. I only know of diamonds and I need some new designs. I was just wondering is anyone out there could help...
          09-01-2006, 10:12 PM
        • Vicki
          What do you use to get stains out of your dress???
          by Vicki
          Can anyone out there tell me what they use to get rid of stains? I danced this past weekend and got some stains on my dress....not alot where you can see it .....from my belt and also on the collar part of my jacket. Just wanna get it off really fast.
          09-18-2002, 12:11 AM
        • softwind
          Have you ever made a Vision Board???
          by softwind
          Just wondering if anyone out there has ever made a Vision Board? I saw it on The Opra Show, and it really made alot of since to me. Anyhow you can go to Lowes or any hardware store and buy some Kork board and put it on your wall any where in your home, and put the pictures of the things that you would...
          02-09-2008, 10:01 PM
        • dancingwater
          Beading on shelf lining vinyl
          by dancingwater
          I'm starting on my leggings and hairties for my jingle outfit. I'm using the lap pads (crib liners) for the leggings, but someone here suggested using vinyl placemats for beadwork, and I went out looking for some, but the closest thing I found was at Kmart, its by Martha Stewart, called Heavy Duty...
          01-04-2003, 08:18 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X