Tufting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tufting

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do the moose and caribou hair tufting that they do here in alaska. (they don't like to share crafting secrets up here LOL). I have a full caribou hide and two square feet of tanned hair on moose hump and I am dying to do something with them.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

You can always send them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Send me a pm BlackBear, I can give you a phone number of a fellow here in town that does that kind of stuff:)

Comment

I like the idea of sending them to me better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Caribou Hair Tufter

Hi Black Bear. Did you ever find out about caribou hair tufting?
          Inuk*

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
          A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
          A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
          Join my on my face book fan page:

Comment

Nope, but I was told by a friend of someone here in town that would probably show me how to do it. Otherwise that is one of those highly guarded crafting secrets, ya know. That I found out quickly.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• nt_inuk
              Caribou Hair
              by nt_inuk
              Hi folks

I was just wondering if any one knows of a place where i can get Caribou Hair ... for Tufting(s)?

Thanks in advance for any help or direction - with this
              07-29-2004, 07:43 PM
            • NCheyGirl21
              Otter Hairties
              by NCheyGirl21
              So how do you hold them on the braid? I have beadwork hairties I will attach to them where i'm going to put them on the braid but otherwise what else do you do? I just bought an otter strip from crazy crow so I am trying to figure out how to do it.
              05-17-2007, 10:15 PM
            • WhisperOne
              Deer toe clackers
              by WhisperOne
              I've been looking for the "how to's" to put together a pair of clackers but can't find any detailed instructions.

Can anyone send me pic'sor written instructionsas to how they are done?

I would really appreciate any guidance with this, I am attempting to put...
              05-29-2009, 10:15 PM
            • WiNaWaChiKa
              Working With Deer Toes n Hoofs
              by WiNaWaChiKa
              O'siyo to all, Im wondering if anyone has a solution or something they use on the deer toes to make them release easier. I have bolied and boiled till the hair would draw down , but between those times trying to pop the toes off, even with plyers, I must of gotten some stubbern deer cause they just...
              11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
            • comanche-woman
              Finished the wrapped bracelet how do i finish the ends?
              by comanche-woman
              I have the wrapped bracelet i was making finished. I took the very ends and did a peyote stitch on each end to close them up. And i guess i wasnt paying attention to how long i was making it because now its 7 1/2 inches long lol.
              But not sure on how to fix the ends for a clasp of some kind???...
              01-17-2010, 01:26 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X