Photo Album & Scrapbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Album & Scrapbooks

I am putting my powwow photos into a scrapbook photoalbum. I am looking for creative ways to compliment my photos. Does anyone have any ideas to share that may help my creative block.
    It's Dezimber All Year

how bout gluing some of the adds in the powwow programs or drip some frybread grease on teh pages :Chatter
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

My wife just made a baby book for her cousin. She hot glued fabric to the outside cover, stuffed it with pillow cotton. Then on the front she wrapped a square piece of cardboard made it like a picture frame and glued 3 sides down. Turned out really nice. Beaded buckskin, hmmmmm.
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

There are websites and local clubs that are devoted to scrapbooking. Cruise those for ideas. Some craft stores have contests for scrapbooks so check those out too.

Other than that, I recommend using mats or photo corners instead of glue or tape for securing your pictures into the album. That way, you won't ruin them and they will be easy to remove if needed. Stay far far away from those cheap "magnetic page" albums. The adhesive on those things are nasty!

Have fun with your project!

Comment

Originally posted by Czechy
          There are websites and local clubs that are devoted to scrapbooking. Cruise those for ideas. Some craft stores have contests for scrapbooks so check those out too.

Other than that, I recommend using mats or photo corners instead of glue or tape for securing your pictures into the album. That way, you won't ruin them and they will be easy to remove if needed. Stay far far away from those cheap "magnetic page" albums. The adhesive on those things are nasty!

Have fun with your project!
          Yes, indeed. I have changed my albums to acid free materials. I'll check out the sites.
          It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

What about using...

...natural materials such as leather, metals, botanicals, etc.? Would that work? Which kinds would be best?
            It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

I'm sorry for cracking the joke so early on.... my apologies..

Walmart has all kinds of scrapbooking stuff and so does michaels.. I don't scrapbook so sorry..I don't have too many ideas
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                I'm sorry for cracking the joke so early on.... my apologies..

Walmart has all kinds of scrapbooking stuff and so does michaels.. I don't scrapbook so sorry..I don't have too many ideas
                Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread. No apologies necessary I actually found it funny and for a second thought about doing what you suggested. What a great way to preserve a memory of a great or a not so great piece of frybread!?! Then I thought what if did that and ended with an image of Jesus in the frybread grease, lol. But seriously, I feared ending up with something along the lines of those anti-drug ads...'powwow pictures on frybread grease'....and ending with pictures that have been slighty fried around the edges or all greasy and slipping and sliding all over the pages and falling out of the album everytime it is opened. I do get a lot of supplies at Michaels. I been using some rubberstamps that I got there.

I bought a few decals, the ones that everyone has on thier cars, to use. But I am on the look out for new ideas all the time.
                It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

One thing you might try are some of the southwestern design acid free papers they have for this or some of the new gift wrap.. You can do a whole page with photos on it with some geometric shape "frames" and etc. Here is one idea.... something like this design on the side of the page with the rest in a different color with photos.

"We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Here is another design....

"We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Stickers are a great idea... as are the flyers and local tourist brochures.
                      I know they have little bags you can put little things in to add to the page.
                      As far as some twigs and things... make sure they do not rest against any of the photos as they will be damaged... by any moisture left in them or just by the pressure itself resting on them.
                      Hope some of this gives you some ideas. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
                        One thing you might try are some of the southwestern design acid free papers they have for this or some of the new gift wrap.. You can do a whole page with photos on it with some geometric shape "frames" and etc. Here is one idea.... something like this design on the side of the page with the rest in a different color with photos.

Thank you for the ideas Mato. These are good suggestions. I haven't seen any pre-printed papers like that. I haven't looked into gift-wrap though. I have only found a few stickers with Southwestern designs showing a pueblo dewelling, ladder, kokopelli, & sun. Very limiting to say the least. Creative Memories has some pre-cut paper strips shaped like ric-rack and zig-zag that I think would work.
                        It's Dezimber All Year

Comment

I don't know about where you live but around here people use Creative Memories for scrapbooking. The company is nothing but scrapbook stuff. Kinda pricey but everyone that uses it says it is worth it.
                          Becky B.

Comment

for the designs stickers, you can buy sticker paper and programs for inkjet printers, then you can make any design you find into a sticker!

for variations in edging your pictures ('framing' them for effect) you might want to invest in the bag of shaped scissors-- you can use them to create very nice corners out of acid free construction paper or colored paper.

also, it will benefit those who look at it in the future and general nice-ness of the project if you type and print labels and such instead of writing them (unless you're good at calligraphy).

hope this helps
                            I am me, and that's all i can be;
                            no more, no less.

Comment

I do alot of scrap booking-all from baby days to pageants to graduation....
                              There are alot of good sites that I have been to for ideas or for things I need. If I can find the address to the site I will post it... I do believe it is Memory Makers.com
                              They have good stuff for low prices.
                              If you aren't good at writing or styling of writing they have stickers that you can place on the paper to make words for you. If you need any ideas I can send some pics of my pages in my album.
                              "A single tear found it's way down her face. She swallowed in an effort to choke back the flood that threatened to follow. She lifted her chin. She was an Apache. Her captors would NOT see her cry...."
                              --Walks Alone, Brian Burks

"My hair is long, my skin is tan, my eyes brown, and my heart strong. I am an Apache woman. I will not be broken."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X