ring hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ring hoops

I'am trying for the very first time at making dreamcatchers. So far I have everything I need except the ring hoops. Where I live nobody seems to sell any. I live south of Atlanta. Oh..any great pointers ..to help me in creating eye catching dreamcatchers would be great!!:)
    YukonWolfbaby

I'll get back to you on this one... just know that help is on the way... check out my www and in my archives I got a dreamcatcher pic...

wow...what's a northern tuchone doing all the way down south like that???
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Have you got a WalMart close by? That's where I get most of my supplies, we also have a Hobby Lobby, and I get my glass beads from there.

Have you got any grape vines in your area? Make your own! I've also used just some soft bendable sticks I've found. Have fun and good luck! Kudzu vines work good too!
      Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

If your interested in different size willow hoops pm me.;)
        "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Depends on how you plan to make them. Are you doing tourist style with metal hoops. You can get those anywhere. Wal-Mart etc. Or are you making them the real way with out of willow or grape vine.
          I make mostly tourist style as gifts for friends and what not. But if I'm making them for the family or an important friend I get grape vine, or willow branches and soak them over night before tieing them into a hoop.
          The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
          -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

i decided i wanted to make one in junior high... so i bought the kit from wal mart; it came with hoop, leather, beads, some feathers, and tendon string.. and great directions! it gave clear, simple directions; that christmas all my relatives got dream catchers made from vines and small branches from my parents' yard and i got a local taxidermist/butcher (my family hunts bow season) to make the tendon string for me (for beads i dove into the family craft dresser).
            once you figure out the basics, they are really easy to make, and if you have a penchant for geometry you can make some rather complex configurations.

hope this helps!
            -d
            I am me, and that's all i can be;
            no more, no less.

Comment

dream catchers

pards
              I find it hard to buy sinew at wal-mart I useally order it or travel to WV for it. but wal-mart is a good place to buy some stuff hoop's are one of them

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
              Rob Young

Comment

the sinew came in the kit :) now i know how to make them i get my dad to hit up the local wild game butchers during hunting season.

-d
                I am me, and that's all i can be;
                no more, no less.

Comment

(907)562-2703 The Black Elk - Leather, beads and stones

They have sinew in a variety of colors, (red, blue, green, purple, etc.) and sizes, and you can also get it round or flat.

All artificial... only place I personally have seen real sinew is Crazy Crow I believe... expensive stuff... so the person who is getting it made by their butcher.... YOU ROCK
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

you are where?

I am so close to where you live - I am in Atlanta, I would love to connect - I'm mostly a bead lady, but if you have time, perhaps we can work on a dreamcatcher. I have found that Micheal's and JoAnne fabrics have metal hoops, otherwise the other thread resorces sound fab. Lemme know where you are, I am in desparate need of a fellow artist.
                    :)
                    Last edited by Blackbear; 06-18-2003, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X