No announcement yet.

Yes, I said the 'F' word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon ... very soon, but as I said in the earlier post. I am playing catch-up after fighting off what seems like every last cold and flu bug that was out there. I will post a pic here of your roach as soon as I finish it up...so you will see it here before you even get it. I take pics as soon as it is shaped and before I ship it out.
    PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

• Well, my wife just got done with a new skirt for our daughter. She is growing like a weed and I have to make her some new boots too cause she has outgrown them too. (Oh Joy we didn't even get a year out of the old ones!!!)

Anyway here is the skirt!
      Attached Files
      PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

• I have also been doing a few quilled wheels lately while watching TV.

Here they are...
        Attached Files
        PB49

Comment

• I'm tying the deer hair on my new roach. I will get pictures soon. Its 22", 10" hair up front, 2 crowns, white with 3 red and yellow stripes per side.

Comment

• Tay's fancy shawl

Click here: http://frybread-hut.com/forums/attac...tachmentid=181
            Click here: http://frybread-hut.com/forums/attac...tachmentid=182
            Click here: http://frybread-hut.com/forums/attac...tachmentid=183
            Click here: http://frybread-hut.com/forums/attac...tachmentid=184

let me know if those links do or don't work for you guys.. I got Tay's fancy shawl done..but going to do some more embellishments on it later.... like beading her aquasocks LOL!!
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• Well I'm near bout through with the new grass stuff, just ain't really lookin' forward to the beading on the mocs, kind of hard to do much with this set of 3 month olds screaming and hollering,
              Hopefully will have some pics of the grass stuff up by the end of the week.

Rocketman

Comment

• oK SO MUCH for folks letting me know my links did'nt work..LOL here you go
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• and here's a front view

Comment

• Well...I should be posting a pic of SingerDad's new roach in a couple of days.

Until then I have my first ever piece of metal work to post. It is a brooch made of cooper. It was kinda a practice piece just to test out my punches and other tools but I decided to finish it up and see how it turned out. I certainly have room to improve my work, but that will come as I get better acquainted with my tools and this kinda work.
                    Attached Files
                    PB49

Comment

• Very nice PWB!

If I may hazard a guess, looks like you used thin stock (1/8"?)copper, embossed with leather punches? Soldered on the cross piece, then solder washed the entire broach?

What is the cross part used for? Perhaps to hang the piece from a bit of hair or tassle, using a stick?

I never have been very good at solder washing anything. I think the trick must be to use a wide flame torch, and plenty of rosin?

Keep it up!
                      Tom

Comment

• Hockey fan

Yes, it is copper as I said...it is probably 22 gauge, but I am guessing on that since it is scrap stuff that had been thrown out where my dad works and he brought it home for me. Copper is soft enough to stamp with leather punches but these are not that kinda punch. I have handmade all my own punches and then tempered them to a hardness to work with german silver (nickel silver). The cross piece is not soldered on (if you click on the photo to enlarge it you can see it better) it is a swinging pin. Most eastern and southern plains style brooches (wabonka buttons) have a pin that swings at the edge of the inner circle and up from on top. To wear them the fabric of a skirt or blouse is pulled up through the hole and then the pin is passed through it and the fabric is pulled back allowing the pin to hold it on. These days many folks just whipstitch the pin down to the fabric, since most used today are finer grade clothes than they were back in the day.
                        PB49

Comment

• well, I got finished with Singerdad's roach quicker than I thought I would...so here it is

PB49

Comment

• Ok.. first is my first beaded cap.. yeah I know.. all the stuff I do and this is my first one...

second is an otter necklace..but I made the mistake of taking the pic of it with a shiny contoured white wall behind it and it made it look darker than it is and marred the detail

third is the shawl I made for this weekends powwow raffle.. gonna be raffling it off along with a full sized pendalton blanket
                            Attached Files

Comment

• newest barrette
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome Blackbear! Did you use the "butter lid, leather backing, and slip through Walmart clip" method? Have you made any that require a secondary stick to hold in place?

WTG, Tom

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.