Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Northern To Southern

Hello
    I am new to this place, so if I post incorrectly I would appreciate any advice.

I was raised up on the Flathead by my foster parents and so I am most familiar with the culture there. However I am of the Osage and would like to assemble my regalia to fit my Nation.

My dilema is that I am not sure what all goes into the regalia of a Southern Cloth dress for Osage women for traditional.

My 9 year old daughter is mixed Osage, Omaha so I would like to assemble her regalia as well.

I understand that this is a heck of a first post.
    I live in North East Ohio (near Akron) and have not been able to find any suppliers for beads etc... There is a Jo Ann fabric near me (heck their supply headquarters are only a mile away)
    Their bead prices are astronomical.

I am familiar with the fact the Southern use ribbon work and applique. I don't mind doing the work.
    I am also in need of mocs for my daughter (everything we had was stolen from our storage back in Montana after we moved and before we could get back to get it all) this is a long story).

I have contacted the local Cultural Centers and have not been able to get much information, as the people I have met are still trying to find themselves.

Any advice and assistance would be most greatfully appreciated.

Thank you

Aho

Toni
    Save the Drama For Your Mama.

Caution, I have a lifetime supply of wooden spoons and know how to use them.

Just remember to only way to fix stupid is termination.

Hope I was able to help
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Did I miss something???
      I have gone through my emails and looked again at the thread and did not find anything from you.

Thank you

Toni

Comment

I sent you a pm, or at least I thought I did. If not let me know and I'll send it too you again.
        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

You might want to try PMing some of the Osage members of this board as well.. Like Cherosage or MaggieB
          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion Blackbear. I do appreciate it very much.

Toni

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.