How do you assemble plumes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you assemble plumes?

I have some plumes, real and fake alltogether. I wanted to know how everyone else out there assembles them. When I first learned I glued them onto a popcicle stick staggering them large ones up top down to the shortest ones. There was 2 about 8 plumes on each side. Now I have used quills from turkey feathers so it looks nicer, I still stagger them...but I am not sure of you put them on one side or both.....I know it's hard to understand by reading it...with out a visual but help me out kay?

Also what would anyone out there resommend for imitation plumes. I saw the ones at Crazy Crow and they are nice but I am in Ontario Canada and the xchange rate sucks.

Did you look on nocbay's website??
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Originally posted by spottedeagle
      Did you look on nocbay's website??
      Yes they are a good site, and that is where I got mine from:

http://www.nocbay.com

Very nice people to deal with, and I belive that they are around $2.75 american for a set with instructions.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• sac&fox06
        How you get such big plumes
        by sac&fox06
        I would just like to know how you make plumes so thick and tall? I have several eagle plumes that are around 8inches but they are not thick like most ladies i see wearing these days nor as tall?

How do you attatch the plumes to your barretts?
        08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
      • meetmeinthegarden
        faked plumes
        by meetmeinthegarden
        I found an awesome imitation for plumes...have you ever seen those feather boas that they sell at costume shops that are like plumes? Use that....thread the string up a shishkabob skewer and add in a few feather tips and there you go...insta full plumes!! I even found that I added peices of the boa...
        10-30-2003, 12:14 PM
      • oldstylegrass
        plumes or a set of blacktips grassers
        by oldstylegrass
        although i like plumes ...i tried wearing them once and it felt to strange...i prefer blacktips to plumes...which do you prefer
        10-21-2003, 03:48 AM
      • Creewoman05
        Fixing Plumes
        by Creewoman05
        Can someone give me directions on how to fix actual plumes? I have some loose Eagle plumes and was hoping to make a small to medium side plume. No idea on how to start
        09-15-2007, 10:56 AM
      • ndnhottie79
        Bleaching Plumes
        by ndnhottie79
        I just recieved a bunch of plumes and I am not too crazy about the orange color of the plumes. I would like to make them completely white so that I can wear them with either rig. How do I go about bleaching them to white? I have heard of bleach, sun, and hydrogen peroxide....I need a place to start....
        11-04-2003, 10:34 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X