Head Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Bands

My daughter is a Fancy Shawl dancer & she wants me to bead her one of those cute 'mini' head bands some other girls are wearing.

What is used to back these to make sure they stay in place on the top of the head? The ones I've seen don't go all the way from one ear to the next but are small, just maybe from temple to temple and even smaller.

Try using the loop side of velcro. You can cut it in any shape, sew in place and it just slides on, grabs well and stays in place....is a new trick I learned....works great!

Comment

I used some of that, and it had the sticky side , I liked it cause I carefully placed it where I wanted it and tehn for goot measure sewd along the edges and as I did do I add'd the decerative trim.
      I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Thx

Thx 4 the tips, who'da thought it would be that easy?!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• jen_lee34
          Beaded Hair Barrette
          by jen_lee34
          Hi,
          I am new to PowWows.com. I am an amature beader. I love making earrings. My daughter is a fancy shawl dancer. I have made her earrings. But now I want to make the hair barrette for the back of her head. And would like to know if anyone could tell me how to get started. Do I bead each bead...
          04-12-2006, 04:53 PM
        • walela49
          Over-The-Top-Headbands!!!!!
          by walela49
          so I searched the craft forums and the little info I found was confusing....so here goes again

how do you make those bands that go on top of your head...like from one ear, then over the top of your head, to the other ear?

the ones I'm thinking about don't have anything...
          10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
        • 5lilndns
          Beaded headband anyone????
          by 5lilndns
          Is that what they are called or is it something else. Well they are very nice looking. My daughter had one a few years ago that went across her forehead and now I want to make one that sits at the top of the head in her hair. Does anyone know how they stay in the hair? I've heard to put velcro on the...
          04-06-2006, 09:40 PM
        • kiyaanii mom
          Picking Head staff from other regions.....
          by kiyaanii mom
          I have read complaints from people about how a certain committee or headstaff did this or did that.

I think if you are hosting a powwow in a region that has strong beliefs about how a powwow should be conducted. Then it would be better for committees to pick key headstaff from their...
          03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
        • J.L. Benet
          Ball Head Club
          by J.L. Benet
          First I looked at a whole bunch of examples of ball head clubs to see what I liked, and what would be appropriate for my tribe.
          Here are some links for ideas:
          War Club
          Warclubs
          INDIAN WAR CLUB
          The Price of Freedom: War Club
          Native American War Clubs ...
          12-31-2007, 06:46 PM

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...