Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n8tivechick
    replied
    i have used the car model paint.... i find that it is easy to use and semi cheap. there are also a wide variety of colors. i think that it has a acrylic base...

~Kelli

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Stonechild
    replied
    archives

i was lost in the archives LOL
    I couldn';t find anything that related to painting a drum. Thanks and I'll keep looking around!

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Stonechild
    replied
    Cool thanks for the tips on the painting. I'll pass this on to my co-worker and take a look in the archves to see what I can find on duck poop! hahahaa

She also asked about something like making sure the paint doesn't bleed - does that make sense? Well thx again and see you on the trail if you come to Alberta!

Leave a comment:

• TWDBear
    replied
    I have used both an oil based and water based acylic paints.

I use the oil based paint at full strength and water based paints, i cut half and half with water, until it has a smooth consistency.

To work the paint into the rawhide, i use popcicle sticks (chocolate fudge actually), cut into various widths.

I do the same thing for parfleech i make.

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Stonechild
    started a topic Paint for a Hand Drum

Paint for a Hand Drum

A co-worker of mine asked me about painting a hand drum she was asked to do and wanted to know what she should use to do so.

I asked her what it was for and it was a decorative drum that is not intended for Ceremony or use.

What type of paint would you use to Paint and would you put a lacquer on it afterwards?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X