horse hair & feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horse hair & feathers

what's the best glue to use for tipping bustle feathers with horse hair?

Just a guess since I have'nt done it myself.. but seems tacky glue would be the best suited for that.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Plain old Elmer's glue works good and drys clear.

Comment

TESTER'S MODEL GLUE!!!!!!!! Can get it anywhere cheap. Dries clear, doesn't take much. Works great
        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

hair and feathers

gorilla glueis great, really strong dries clear......what i use...had bustle for 5 years now no prob:D

Comment

cool!! thanks guys! where in the world do you get gorilla glue? never heard of it.

Comment

gorilla glue

oops sorry........gorilla glue is a glue you get in a hardware store..do you have a lowes? or home depot? it is near their paint isle,,,a friend told me about it when it first came out sometime ago and i have used ever since kinda expensive but worth it. it is near the paint isle in lowes.................not sure about home depot though....good luck.....if you cant find any let me know......

Comment

yeah i have a home depot over here. now it's a toss up between the testers model glue and gorilla glue. how much is the gorilla? and does it hold better than the model or about the same?

Comment

glue

never used it other than when i was a kid and put models together ..lol........but......i garuntee the gorilla glue....you do not put it on anything that you want to take off later..cause it aint gonna happen......................probably best thing for u to do.get a couple ol feathers and experiment............me......im gorilla manilla all the way........

Comment

options

Pards:
                    I was wondering whether you could tip the feathers with something different then horse hair. I heard that the bustle represents a battlefield ,and the horse hair represents scalplocks. is there any other variations to the bustle?

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
                    Rob Young

Comment

I've heard of using cow's tails, Angora hair, plumes, Ribbon (only seen it on the uprights). Who knows there may be others that people use.

Comment

i've seen ribbon of the other feathers than the uprights in the book powwow: images along the red road. but i think tx_grass_dancer sumed them up. haven't heard anything else used.

Comment

gorllia glue is the bobm i have used it, and it woprks great, We made clmibing wall once and all are glueing wzs doen iwht it and we used some nail just to hold till the glue dries and it held meat 220 a another guy at 360 and another at like 150 all at once.Tried to clean it off a concret floor and the floor came up before th glue did, its the best glue i have ever tried...

oh ok enbough of the info mercal....

Nook
                          "Be what you is, not what you ain't, 'cause when you is what you ain't,then you ain't what you is."

"remember an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth! that wayt the whole world will be blind and toothles!

Comment

thanks

Pards
                            I had an idea yesterday about using tassels on each feather and tried it out this morning my mom makes the tassels because I thanks.

Rob

'i believe I can fly'
                            Rob Young

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X