Straight Dance Suit Otter Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Dance Suit Otter Tail

I am changing from Traditional dance to straight dancing. I ordered a pattern from Crazy Crow and it leaves a lot to be desired for the first time straight dance suit maker. I need to know how to make the otter tail down the back, how to attach it and what are the main things it is decorated with. Also how to make the woven garders under the bells.
    I hope this isn't too much to ask.
    Thanks Loads In advance.
    Nah'weh

I found a site once by acciedent , it was a search trying to find straight dance ideas for my nephew. If you put in search native american dance or regailia there are allot of helpful ppl in that area if you dont get any help , I will call my mom tonight an ask her just in case you need the help . Dont know how much she can help but we made two outfits for him so far an he is kickin it when dancing he is 4 :D :D
    Better known an loved as Men~Nie Turtles !
    Life is what you make it. Becareful what you give . You just might get it back!

Comment

Try tossing a post in Straight dance Section. But also try pming Straightdancerinaz there are a few others here to but he comes to mind.
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Straight Dance Suit

Thanks to all who responded so far. I have pretty much of the leggins, breechclout, trailer and ribbon work under control. I still need the info on the otter tail. I will try a post in the straight dance section...Yes I am Shawnee but not in Ok. I am in Wyoming and we don't have may pawn shops here. Thanks again to all

Comment

otter tail

Thanks Straighdancerinaz.... This is exactly the information I wanted, And now to work.. have a great day
          Nah'weh

Comment

Thanks...

Sd in AZ
            Thanks for the plug!! ;)
            One thing at a time...

Comment

welll seems Straightdanceaz has done my job here...I'm off to take a nap and relax.... ROFLMAO
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Straight Dance Suit

Many Thanks to all replied. I have gain the information I was seeking.
                Nah'weh

Comment

Hey Tecumapese... I know the Shawnee are'nt an iroquoian speaking nation.. but I can't help but notice you use Nah'weh ... you part iroquois also? Or is that also thank you in Shawnee?
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

ok im a grassdancer but seeing to it my uncle and cousins straight dance and when my grand dad was alive he straight danced i think i mght be able to help. first the otter tail needs to go from the neck down your back. you can also make it with cloth or bead it. i saw someone at he clear creek powwow one time have one made of ribbon wth a eagle feather attached to the top part at the neck. 2nd most straight dancers wear a vest. you also need leggings and mocs. crazy crow has cloth legging kits that comes with cloth and instructions aswell as tools. ive seen alot of straight dancers use trade wool for it. 3rd head gear i suggest eather a roach or a otter turbon my uncle and cuzz has both my grandpa had just a turbon.
                    Thats all i can think of I hope i helped
                    Powwows my life style

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X