Sidetab Question for Men's Buckskin Leggings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidetab Question for Men's Buckskin Leggings

How do you attach the cloth (on the inside) to the side tab for men's buckskin leggings? (southern straight style)

all help is appreciated! :)
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

On both my pairs, the cloth (I've got satin) is edge beaded to the hide. Basically, I just folded under the edge and ironed a crease into the satin , so the creases lined up w/ the edge of the leather.... does that make sense? I know, not the clearest explanation, but you can prolly figure it out.

I left the part by the leg un-sewn, cause that'll all get sandwiched together when you sew up the legging itself.

Also, do you have the beaded horsehair tassels on the ends of the tabs? You kinda have to get creative w/ sewing down the fabric right in that area, but on one pair of mine, the cloth is edge-beaded on either side of the tassel, while its just tacked down w/ a few stitches across where the tassel connects.

Hope this helps....
    Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism.

Comment

Yea I think I get it. cool thanks for the tips.
      I tried sewing w/my sewing machine but it wouldn't lay right and kept moving anyways... pain in the butt. haha

Comment

are you making kiowa tabs or comanche tabs ,and are you beading and putting spots on the tabs. mine has trade wool to match my aprons sew in the seams cut to fit the flap and edge beaded on the sides

Comment

I'm making pow-wow style *L*

Comment

related

Any tips on rolling fringe?
            I just did a set of leggings and if I must say they turned out pretty good, but I ended up making twice as much fringe as I used cause the pieces were a lil inconsistent

Also, on sewing the tabs down, a lil liquid stitch (like a dozen pin head sized drops) kinda helps just to guide things along.

Comment

My husband wets it before he rolls it.

but thats all i got...

Comment

what are powwow style leggings

Comment

Sewing buckskin with a machine is not fun or easy. Next time put some stitch and tear or even just a piece of paper under the buckskin when rolling it through, loosen your tension and make your stitches longer. When done then tear the paper or stitch and tear away from the stitches. Use a few pieces of wonder under or fabric glue in the center to hold the fabric to the buckskin temporarily... if you ever want to try to go that route again.
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X