What kind of Ribbon do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Ribbon do you use?

I am making a shawl with 1/8 ribbon fringe. I purchased my ribbon at Wal-Mart. It is the polyester kind. However I have seen softer and silkier ribbon. Could I get by with the Wal-Mart ribbon or should I use the softer ribbon?

that ribbon is fine...my wife used to use it a lot on her shawls and it is cheap, just mind you that it has a break in period ...depends on how much its used i guess but it will loose its memory and get quite soft.
    So I put my hands up, they're playin' my song
    The butterflies fly away
    I'm noddin' my head like "Yeah!"
    Movin' my hips like "Yeah!"
    -Miley Cyrus

Comment

not sure where my wife gets hers but it comes on giant spools, way more than I have ever seen walmart carry....
      and speaking of i noticed a bunch of walmarts seem to be closing out their fabric areas this year. very upsetting.

Comment

hey guys thanks for the comments. I did feel the difference in the ribbon from walmart and from a craft store that has a different kind. Since I already started the shawl I will finish it with the walmart ribbon. I can always go back later and change out the ribbon. I did find a beautiful bridal ribbon online that sells from 1/8 to 4 in ribbon. It is reasonably priced. So I may order that for my next shawl. Thanks again!

Comment

My family uses 3/8" single face satin ribbon on fancy shawl and grass outfits. We like it because it moves well and stands up to lots of washing. I buy it in 100 yard spools so I don't have to worry about changes in dye lots.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X