Tsiiyeel/Navajo hair bun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsiiyeel/Navajo hair bun

I was wondering if any of the Navajo women on here could help show me how to put up hair in the traditional bun style/tsiiyeel. I am not Navajo and nor do I claim to be. I just think the hairstyle is really neat and beautiful. I have some understanding of what it represents. So please don't be offended if this is wrong to ask.

me, personally . . . . since your not dine', the answer is "no"

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Originally posted by Owlsy View Post
      I was wondering if any of the Navajo women on here could help show me how to put up hair in the traditional bun style/tsiiyeel. I am not Navajo and nor do I claim to be. I just think the hairstyle is really neat and beautiful. I have some understanding of what it represents. So please don't be offended if this is wrong to ask.
      So can you respect what Mudwoman has said....
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

Comment

I can respect what she said. That's why I posted I am not Navajo/Dine. I didn't want to start any comotion or anything like that. I have red dyed hair and don't plan on passing myself off as Navajo any time soon, lol. I have just always thought the hairstyle was beautiful, thats all.

Comment

I'm going to tell you how to make it. But I want you to know, you're gonna look funny wearing it. Especially around Navajo/Dine' people. And it is very hard to make it yourself.

I'll PM you the instructions. And I think as payment, you need to post some pictures of your attempts.....

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
            I'm going to tell you how to make it. But I want you to know, you're gonna look funny wearing it. Especially around Navajo/Dine' people. And it is very hard to make it yourself.

I'll PM you the instructions. And I think as payment, you need to post some pictures of your attempts.....
            ROFLOL
            From watching my one Dineh friend go through teaching her daughter I gotta say Kiyaanii, that is a great idea.
            Also, as an outside observer, it seemed like the instruction on this is part punishment enit?.....step 1. pull hair back until eyes bulge out, step 2. now twist until you scream..........................

Comment

Originally posted by legalstraight View Post
              ROFLOL
              From watching my one Dineh friend go through teaching her daughter I gotta say Kiyaanii, that is a great idea.
              Also, as an outside observer, it seemed like the instruction on this is part punishment enit?.....step 1. pull hair back until eyes bulge out, step 2. now twist until you scream..........................

When you try to write instructions it is soooooo hard.
              I sure hope she post pictures. That will be the funniest.

Comment

ok, so I tried to do it. It's not the greatest and when my hair dries it kinda poofs. I did find a video on youtube actually after trying and saw I was doing it wrong, but I came close, lol. I didn't use yarn since I'm no where cordinated enough so I just used hair elastics. I know it's a punny bun, but my hair is layered and barely reaches my shoulders. Also I wanted to thank Kiyaanii for her help. For your laughing pleasures here's a link to the photo MySpace.com - Nisha family - Photo 10 of 10

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X