Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLChemist
    replied
    Hey, Milehigh. Long time no see. How you been? Did you eat some blue corn tamales for me this Holiday season?

Leave a comment:

• milehighsalute
    replied
    if you want something fancier alot of shiny thread i have a bro who is pretty amazing.....if in denver area

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    old pics of some fans :https://forums.powwows.com/forum/pow...-f-word/page57

Leave a comment:

• swiehle
    replied
    I think a plain and simple tail feather fan (I have a whole tale and would prefer to keep it as intact as possible), a wing fan, and then some basic fans with some of the feathers from the inner part of the wing that, it appears to me, will not be used in the wing fan.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    I think it will depend on how you want the fans made ! I make fans , but mine don't have the ornate featherwork that others have. What are you looking for ? Your feathers ?

Leave a comment:

• swiehle
    started a topic Eagle Feather Fans - Craftsmen Needed

Eagle Feather Fans - Craftsmen Needed

I am looking for a referral for a craftsmen that can work with eagle feathers to make some fans for my children. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• native_designs
    Eagle Flat Fan
    by native_designs
    I'm needing a few suggestions. I am working on a flat fan for my step dad (Cheyenne/Arapaho). I have only collected 4 eagle tail feathers.

Is it ever okay to make a flat fan with an even number of feathers?

Can you use other feathers in addition to the eagle or should...
    05-09-2006, 01:51 PM
  • Snapster
    Honour the Eagle Feather
    by Snapster
    Eagle Feather???
    03-31-2001, 01:34 AM
  • native_designs
    Eagle fan construction
    by native_designs
    I'm needing a few suggestions. I am working on a flat fan for my step dad (Cheyenne/Arapaho). I have only collected 4 eagle tail feathers.

Is it ever okay to make a flat fan with an even number of feathers?

Can you use other feathers in addition to the eagle...
    05-11-2006, 02:03 PM
  • Majii
    Finding straight feathers
    by Majii
    I want to make a fan and I would like to know where I could find some decent straight feathers. I've looked everywhere, craftstores, bead suppliers and all I found where these cheap white goose feathers that bend every which way but straight up. I don't even want to talk about the ones that are suppose...
    06-19-2000, 05:04 PM
  • TinyOne
    Hawk Vs Eagle Feathers
    by TinyOne
    My family is Navajo and I was wondering if the use of Hawk feathers in place of Eagle was acceptable usage or would it be frowned upon by other natives. It seems that it is getting harder and harder to obtain Eagle feathers. I don't believe in using imitation feathers for any type of regalia but...
    10-19-2012, 03:30 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X