leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather

does anyone know how to get the "fuzz" of leather? the hide i just got sheds like a dog.
    Ohenton Kariwahtekwen

are you wanting to remove all the hair or just the stuff falling out?
    sigpic

Comment

oh no, this isn't a hair on hide. it's leather, already tanned and there's "fuzz." don't know what else to call it. if i'm cutting something from it, i have to lint roll my shirt and pants because it shed all over me.
      Ohenton Kariwahtekwen

Comment

hmm, i haven't had that problem much, i'd say 2 thing, one try to cut it with sharper scizzors, and possible roll the lint brush over the entire thing, because its sounds to me like your refering to the leather kinda creating fuzzy bits of it everywhere...

i'll ask pete to talk over here as well he can probably help better then i can
        sigpic

Comment

The fuzz is from the action of the chemical and cutting implements used during tanning. Some hides shed like the dickens at first. I cut fringe for a dress last summer and my studio looked like it had been hit by a snow storm.

If -- and only if -- you haven't used dryer sheets in your dryer, run the hide through on air fluff (no heat). Failing that, clean the nozzle of your dust buster, stretch the hide, and carefully vacuum. Going over the hide with a very soft baby brush will help dislodge the fuzz.

Comment

thanks guys, i'll try some things and see what happens.
            Ohenton Kariwahtekwen

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• MAROONDANCER
              bleaching deer hair
              by MAROONDANCER
              Pards:
              does any one knbow how to bleach deer tails to get rid of the yellow spots on them , just got a couple for a roach and , they have yellow spot's I'd like to remove .

also , does any one know how to clean porky hair , I'm working with some that tends to stick together....
              03-21-2004, 07:29 PM
            • jen_lee34
              Beaded Hair Barrette
              by jen_lee34
              Hi,
              I am new to PowWows.com. I am an amature beader. I love making earrings. My daughter is a fancy shawl dancer. I have made her earrings. But now I want to make the hair barrette for the back of her head. And would like to know if anyone could tell me how to get started. Do I bead each bead...
              04-12-2006, 04:53 PM
            • MAROONDANCER
              Help !!!!!!
              by MAROONDANCER
              pards;
              now this may sound wierd so those of you who who have a sick stomach or are overly dramatic please go to another thread.... i rarely hunt, and a friend of my dad's brought me a deer tail fresh off the sucker . I don't know how I can preserve it so i can use it for making a roach...
              12-09-2003, 08:05 PM
            • Heals the Wild
              Porcupine Hairbrush
              by Heals the Wild
              Does anyone have instructions or know where I can get instructions on how to make a porcupine tail hairbrush?

Thanks!
              01-21-2002, 09:39 PM
            • lynn
              Material to bead on
              by lynn
              Anybody use that stiff felt to bead on? Does anyone know how durable it is? It's easy to bead with, but I don't really know how long it will last or if it stretches when wet.
              07-20-2004, 02:42 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X