Star Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Quilt

Just wanting help on how to make a star quilt......
    have good idea but would like some pointers.

Anyone out there have any suggestions. Please let me know, cause this is my first attempt.:)
    @}-->-->--BuckskinRose--<--<--{@

There are a couple people here who make beautiful quilts. Try Pming Wyo_rose. She has pics in her gallery of some of her work.
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Here I am, and I think if you come to my Monday night class I can get you started. It's easier to show you in person.

If you can't make it, I understand, Buckskin Rose. (Are we related?) JKS:p

Anyway, I only use the strip piece method anymore, cuz it's so darn fast. Directions for a baby quilt are easier. Shall I post directions one step at a time, so you don't get mixed up?

First of all, go get 4 colors. 1/4 yard of the first color, 1/2 yard of the second color, 2/3 yard of the third color and 1/2 yard of the fourth color. These will lay right next to each other and back again: like 1-2-3-4-3-2-1

You know how the fabric comes off the bolt, folded with the selvage edges together. Make sure it's straight, and then fold it again. (This will make it easier to cut)

You'll need to cut the pieces into 3 inch wide strips. Assuming your fabric is about 44/45" wide, they'll be 3 inches by 44 inches.
      If you have a rotary cutter and mat and clear ruler this will be easy. If not, just use a ruler and make a line on the fabric and cut carefully with scissors.

Fabric 1: 2 strips
      Fabric 2: 4 strips
      Fabric 3: 6 strips
      Fabric 4: 4 strips
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X