Need advise from Hoop Dancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise from Hoop Dancers

Hello, I could use a little direction on what to wrap a hoop with, I have made five hoops from plumbers tubing and wrapped them with colored duct tape. The color is fine but the texture and the wrinkling is just something that bothers me. Any suggestions?...A-D-V-I-C-E, it was bugging me.
    Last edited by bsm3581; 01-26-2009, 01:27 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Originally posted by bsm3581 View Post
    Hello, I could use a little direction on what to wrap a hoop with, I have made five hoops from plumbers tubing and wrapped them with colored duct tape. The color is fine but the texture and the wrinkling is just something that bothers me. Any suggestions?...A-D-V-I-C-E, it was bugging me.

bsm,

The wrinkles from the duct tape are an asset. They hold designs together and make the hoop easier to control on hot days when you are doing difficult parts of your routine.

From the audience viewpoint, you can't see them.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

We made a set for my daughter but she didn't like them. The hoop broke when under stress and messed up her design and she had to stop her routine. We went back to plastic tape. Good luck.
      Hey... I'd rather be round dancin..

Comment

2 of my children hoop dance, we use electrical tape.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X