mirrored earring tutorial????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirrored earring tutorial????

Is there anyone out there that wouldnt mind making a small tutorial on mirrored earrings? I would love to learn how to make them, but am clueless on where to start. I can bead, I just dont know how to attatch the mirrors, or what kind of glue to use, or how to keep the mirror secure without it falling out....
    input or advice would be appreciated too.
    Thanks!
    Walk softly, leave nothing but footprints....

I never made them, but I think it would be fun. I edged and backed a half dollar and put it on a choker long time ago. Probaly same principal. I'll have to buy some mirrors and try it. Maybe that's a good thing to use buckskin scraps on!

If you have any pics to share. ; That would be cool.
    Last edited by wyo_rose; 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM. Reason: Forgot I wasn't speed posting. ;)
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

You could always put the mirror in a beaded peyote bezel. Just google those last 3 words and you can find some good tutes on it. I bead cabachons that way sometimes and all you need to do is put plenty of rows on the back and it won't come out.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

What a good idea! A lot of mirrors I see have sharp edges. Any suggestions for the edges before using?
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Ive made several, not much to it really.

I start with useing either gorrila glue "be real carefull it grows! a lil go's a long way" I also use, e6000 I think thats what its calld ,its a silver tube I get in the craft section at Walmart. I cover the back with the glue, place my mirrorr makeing real sure the glue doesn't go to far past the edges its real hard to pass the needle threw the dried glue, found that out the hard way!!!!

I buy the craft mirror's they come several per package and as far as I can tell dont have ruff edges, just be sure to check if they are not chippd, they are loose in the bag so it can happon. I also get them at WalMart but ive seen them at other stores that carry craft items.

oh I also want to add after glueing I use a clothes pin to clamp it, I normally do several at once due to I like to leave it at least 24hrs . I aslo after an hr or so take the closepin off ,it can and will stick to the mirror as well, but then I put it back.. make sence?? forgive me if im ramboling..lol

please ask if ive confused or if you have any questions I diddnt anwser..
          I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
            What a good idea! A lot of mirrors I see have sharp edges. Any suggestions for the edges before using?

On some of the agate slices I've beaded, I've just run a line of thick white craft glue on the rough part, let it dry overnight and bead away.

[email protected] Eagle Plumes. You are so right about the Gorilla Glue growing-turns into King Kong.
            Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
              Ive made several, not much to it really.

I start with useing either gorrila glue "be real carefull it grows! a lil go's a long way" I also use, e6000 I think thats what its calld ,its a silver tube I get in the craft section at Walmart. I cover the back with the glue, place my mirrorr makeing real sure the glue doesn't go to far past the edges its real hard to pass the needle threw the dried glue, found that out the hard way!!!!

I buy the craft mirror's they come several per package and as far as I can tell dont have ruff edges, just be sure to check if they are not chippd, they are loose in the bag so it can happon. I also get them at WalMart but ive seen them at other stores that carry craft items.

oh I also want to add after glueing I use a clothes pin to clamp it, I normally do several at once due to I like to leave it at least 24hrs . I aslo after an hr or so take the closepin off ,it can and will stick to the mirror as well, but then I put it back.. make sence?? forgive me if im ramboling..lol

please ask if ive confused or if you have any questions I diddnt anwser..
              Thanks, your info has been really helpful. Next time I go to Michaels or Jo-Annes, I'll have to pick me up some mirrors, and see if I can do this.
              Walk softly, leave nothing but footprints....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X