backing for beaded crown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backing for beaded crown

Hey, can anyone out there give me advice on how far the edging should be cut from the beadwork to begin backing with buckskin and edge bead it? I finished my first crown (finally). Also, I have read that fun foam is the best way to back it for the stability? Thanks any advice will help, I hope this makes sense.
    ~~Prettysmile~~

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness"
    William Arthur Ward

If your total thickness is not that thick, I would trim it to 1/8". If you're using fun foam and the total thickness is going to be VERY thick, then cut it a little wider - just short of 1/4".
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply wyo-rose, I will be using fun foam for stability so it looks like it will be thicker, 1/4 was what I was thinking but wanted to check for sure.
      ~~Prettysmile~~

William Arthur Ward

Comment

Good luck!! I'd like to see a pic when you're done.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

i use placematts ya know the ones ur spossed to eat on u can get em for like a buck at wal*mart

Comment

I didn't even think of using placemats, and come to think of it, they would hold the stability too. Thanks.
            ~~Prettysmile~~

William Arthur Ward

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
              Good luck!! I'd like to see a pic when you're done.

Ok, still have a way to go yet and still have yet to make the medallion for the back. It's been so busy lately with work and the homelife, I got to get busy busy....but I will send a pic to you.
              I do have another question, on the medallion piece, do you also sew in a piece of elastic to the back center to hold the feather? Thanks....
              ~~Prettysmile~~

William Arthur Ward

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X