X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Originally posted by Section 8 View Post
    No, It is intended to be a surprise (Birthday). I doubt she would be offended if I made it from leather, but out of respect, I decided to go with the Hemp twine (which I admit was a prior curiosity anyway)
    Awe how sweet of you to be so thoughtfull. I know she will love it.

Leave a comment:

• RestlessN8iv
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
    I always wonderd what a antifur peep thought of us, not in a bad way or angry way of thought, just really always have wondered. HAs it come up ?
    No, It is intended to be a surprise (Birthday). I doubt she would be offended if I made it from leather, but out of respect, I decided to go with the Hemp twine (which I admit was a prior curiosity anyway)

Leave a comment:

• Tibiki Kinew
    replied
    You know what, I did one with fake fur as a rim, the lady freaked and then I explained fake and she smiled! But what about fake feathers!!!!!
    Hey plumes thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Originally posted by Section 8 View Post
    I'm working on one now for an anti fur co-worker.
    Instead of leather lace around the outer loop am using a similarly shaded hemp Twine.
    I always wonderd what a antifur peep thought of us, not in a bad way or angry way of thought, just really always have wondered. HAs it come up ?

Leave a comment:

• Tibiki Kinew
    replied
    I did one for a young girl. It was bright bubble gum pink ribbon and white sinew with pink beads and dyed pink feathers, she freaked and screamed as she saw it, no one got near it! She still has it 4 years later!

Leave a comment:

• RestlessN8iv
    replied
    I'm working on one now for an anti fur co-worker.
    Instead of leather lace around the outer loop am using a similarly shaded hemp Twine.

Leave a comment:

• Tibiki Kinew
    replied
    I did one with two hoops, x shape and then suspended a bear skull in the middle. the skull was painted in the four colours. I gifted that to my Grandmother! It now hangs in her living room. I never took a pic of it!

Leave a comment:

• MNsitting
    replied
    very pritty design.

Leave a comment:

• soopashinaab
    replied
    These aren't mine but you get the idea... Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	2092418

Click image for larger version

Name:	images-1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	2092419

Leave a comment:

• soopashinaab
    replied
    Originally posted by MNsitting View Post
    never seen one strung like that. This is the way I've always been taught to string them. Guess for me it's just one thing I don't think I'll ever change. If you could post a pic of one of your catchers I would love to see it.
    I'll try and post one soon!! Do an image search on old dream catchers, or maybe old ojibwe cradle boards... you might find one. I end up giving them away all the so I'll hafta make one now!!

Leave a comment:

• MNsitting
    replied
    never seen one strung like that. This is the way I've always been taught to string them. Guess for me it's just one thing I don't think I'll ever change. If you could post a pic of one of your catchers I would love to see it.

Leave a comment:

• soopashinaab
    replied
    That's very pretty!!! I like the way the feathers follow the bend of the hoop, and your choice of colors.
    I prefer to string my dream catchers like a spider web. I like the look of it better... it looks a little more "Old school"!!

Leave a comment:

• MNsitting
    started a topic Dream Catchers

Dream Catchers

I've always had my own way of doing things and even came up with different styles for my dream catchers. Thought I would share one of them and ask if anyone else has their own unique style with some of the traditional crafts.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X