Beaded Graduation Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded Graduation Hats

I was asked to bead a graduation hat for a senior, so i am wondering on a design. Any help would be appreciated. Or any pics. Thanks =)

ive done a few, one was just a simple rolld edge with altrnating colors of her choice, the other one was a lil wider and I put mountain designs. Several yrs back I did one with the school colors, and her initals sp lol, and on all of them but one I put yr and date"cept for the lil rolld edge " not alot of room on that one.. but I have no pics...
    I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Those sound like choice ideas for it :)

Comment

Comment

thanks, that one looks really nice. I better start graduation is friday.

Comment

Here's how you bead one when you have 2 hours to get it done:

Jess on graduation day - Native American Pow Wow Photo Gallery - PowWows.com

The top is beaded like the cap in the zig zag stitch...fastest stitch ever!
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

My college didn't allow "decoration or alteration of graduation caps in any way" so, I replaced my tassel with my feathers.

Comment

That's cool! That's why my daughter did when she graduated from her college.

I have to bead my mother-in-law's cap when we get up there this weekend. Another variation of the infamous zig zag stitch. Should be nice though, when it's done. I should have about 8 hours to work on it. Post a pic when we get back next week.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                  That's cool! That's why my daughter did when she graduated from her college.

I have to bead my mother-in-law's cap when we get up there this weekend. Another variation of the infamous zig zag stitch. Should be nice though, when it's done. I should have about 8 hours to work on it. Post a pic when we get back next week.
                  My daughter just graduated from High School they have a no tolerance policy in effect and do not allow any alteration to the cap and gown whatsoever
                  Of course after the event I made it hers
                  ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                  Till I Die!

Comment

I don't know if my mother-in-law has permission or not. What are they gonna do? Take her Master's away? .....hope not....
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                      I don't know if my mother-in-law has permission or not. What are they gonna do? Take her Master's away? .....hope not....
                      In my daughter's case they would not have let her walk during the ceremony she would still get the diploma, just would not be able to participate in the commencement ceremony.
                      They had 500 seniors graduate from her school and after talking with the Senior Principal I can understand what they were trying to do, If they make one exception they would have to make others and pretty soon they would be back to where they were a few years ago. After the ceremony we did what we wanted to make it her own
                      Last edited by Josiah; 06-04-2009, 06:17 AM.
                      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                      Till I Die!

Comment

We just had graduation here at our tribal college a couple weeks ago. A lot of the students ask to take their caps home to bead themselves. If they bead it, we let them keep it. Pretty much all of them just bead around the edges, since the caps can be kind of heavy by theirselves. My answer didn't help any, but oh well.

Comment

I beaded my sister's awhile ago. Just a basic design.
                          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X