Belt pouch pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt pouch pattern

Hi. Is there someone who can help to understand me if the pattern on this belt pouch is really from an original Nez Percè?
    Thank you so much
    Attached Files

All I see is boyscout! Sorry but no from me. Those pouches were typical for a lot of years and the patterns were taken from Tandy books! They were a typical summer break project. I think if you were to look under the beads you would see the boy scout logo embedded into the leather.
    Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
    Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

A lot of graces Tibiki Kinew. Apart the reading of books on the material culture of the native Americans, for me it is really difficult to succeed in having first-hand news on the manufactured articles and on the fidelity of their realization.

Comment

I guess I can count myself blessed by parents and then adoptive parents and greater families that I was surrounded in vintage beadwork and new stuff too!
        Yes I actually saw one of these beaded scout bags, at one time they were all using flower patterns because the geometric patters were sacred to the point where they were not shared. Then with the first cameras they were documented and printed in books. Then the whites wanted beaded clothing and the flower patterns started. That spread then like wildfire along with the glass beads that were first made in Venice Italy for trade. Of those beads I have about 20 artifacts that survived in pretty good shape. So now when I go out I look for those beads to restore the past pieces that are damaged. I still have about a dozen pieces needing restoration and the beads from that era are getting harder and harder to find. The last batch I got a hold of had been in a fire and were all blackend... after a two day soaking in liquids I managed to get back to the original colours and shine. Kind of off track here but I hope you get my idea!!
        Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
        Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

I have perfectly understood Tibiki Kinew.
          You have to know that i am very interested to the material culture of the Native Americans, that I know through books like "The Native Americans", by W. C. Sturtevant of the Smithsonian, etc. Mine is a historical interest: to know the exact material, the correct techniques of construction and also the belonging sketches to the single Nations.
          But I live in Italy and beadwork is unknown here. For this your answer for me is so important.
          Before you ask me it: I will just find an old stock of Venetian beads here I will tell you.
          Thanks again

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X