Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With making a fan (contempory style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Beardancer
    Flat Fan help
    Beardancer
    Tiny Tot Dancer
    by Beardancer
    OK folks, as if I'm not busy enough trying to finish my vest, tighten up a pair of mocs and bead a bulltail for my roach, I've got the itch to try making a few flat fans. Now, the beading doesn't concern me-that's the easy part. What I'm trying to figure out is the handle. Now I've heard of everything...
    01-30-2003, 06:16 PM
  • aNishKwe
    Fan question
    aNishKwe
    Pow Wow Visitor
    by aNishKwe
    Okay, so I located a fan handle, not detacheable but whole, which is still fine :)

However, I am wondering what do you use to attach the feathers to the fan. Is there a specific name for that material/piece that I can seek out, perhaps at a art store?
    I'd like to attempt threadwork...
    12-12-2014, 04:37 AM
  • Rolling Thunder
    Loose or Drop fan
    Rolling Thunder
    Little Hawk
    by Rolling Thunder
    how do you make a drop fan? what would I need? I have feathers already, leather, beads, thread, etc..
    should I use a dowel/stick for the handle?

Feather Fans by Nicholas Breeze Wood...
    08-11-2007, 10:03 PM
  • Haliwa-Saponi
    How To Make A Tail Feather Fan
    Haliwa-Saponi
    Pow Wow Visitor
    by Haliwa-Saponi
    Hey You Guys! So I Got My New Eagle Feathers For My Fan And Im Learning How To Make All OF My Regalia On My Own Now . ( Yay Me ) ! So I Was Wondering If I Could Get Some Help With The Size Of The Dowels And Feather Work And How To Secure The Dowels In The Fan Handle .
    12-29-2013, 11:19 PM
  • sunktanka_sa77
    flat fans
    sunktanka_sa77
    dakotachunk
    by sunktanka_sa77
    okay so im gonna buy loose feathers and thread wrapped extender sticks from walela 49 and i have buckskin and a handle so i jus want to kno if anyone knows where i can go to learn on how to construct one using the extender sticks

so please anyone?
    05-31-2010, 09:50 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X