Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewellery for the mind!

http://www.bearclaw.bc.ca/

take a look at this stuff, it gives me ideas!
    Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
    Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Wow, that's some nice stuff. Do you make jewelry?
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Sure do but with bones only. the carving stinks but the end product is great. I just sent a load to europe. They snatch it up like butter. The thing is I can't get enough bones on a regular basis, hunting season is coming so my shed roof will get covered again. The birds pick them clean and then I soak them in bleach. Then comes the nasty part, cutting them in pieces and removing the marrow.

Oh check in the gallery under bones!

I also make dream catchers with jaws from skulls and use complete skulls too.
      Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.

Comment

hey!! some1 copied a bracelt i made in my jewlery class 2.5 years ago!!! :Yell

mine was 2 copper feathers joined by a silver quill.

somethin like this 1 http://www.bearclaw.bc.ca/Site/LrgPi...eatherSG.shtml

it took me forever to make it!! a cost me an arm and a leg...on a college student budget and now they have and r mass producing it!!!

arg!! is there no justice
        Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

That was the same style of one I did in bone about three years ago for a child! From a moose leg bone. Just two feather with a concho effect in the centre.

Comment

they must sell alot cause Ive seen this jewelry in gift shops in Hawaii, Niagara Falls, Anchorage, Seward ....

I know how you feel Emmy... I got an idea for a painting that I had planned on doing, but never got around to doing it, and then in 2001 I went to IICOT and LOW AN BEHOLD, someone had done that painting and exactly how I saw it in my mind's eye!! I was stunned, shocked, but there was no way he could have stolen the idea from me.... so I figure, art must float through the air as an inspiration and whoever catches it must use it or lose it and sometimes more than one catches them.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I agree with both of you, it sucks when you see your own hard work being copied yet it gets worse when you see it on somebody else before you get yours finished.

I have changed from soapstone to bones for that reason.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X