• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ictome99
    Pow Wow Visitor
    • Apr 2003

New to ribbon work!

Does anyone know of any other ribbonwork books besides "Scarlet Ribbons." It is good but I am looking for more.
  • ojibwaysweetie
    PowWows.com Addicts
    • Sep 2003

I do ribbon work but didn't know there were books out. *LOL*. I'd be interested too. I just learned on my own how to do it best to my knowledge. Same with applique work. :D
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

• Czechy
      wrapped in ribbonwork!
      • Oct 2000

That's the only book currently available that focuses solely on Native American ribbonwork.
      (Hmmmph... maybe I'll write one! j/k!)
      I can't remember if there is a videotape on ribbonwork. Maybe Full Circle put one out. I'll have to go look....

Comment

• ictome99
        Pow Wow Visitor
        • Apr 2003

What about that video " Ribbons of the Osage"? Is that a biography or is it about ribbon work. If its about ribbonwork Ill order it right now hehe. My problem is I only now one person that does ribbonwork and I have more "modern" ideas than them. Im trying to make some things that ive seen around. Just looking for any help possible.

Comment

• powwowbum49
          Arena Director
          • Sep 2000

Do a search in the archives of this board. There were several very informative threads about doing clip and fold ribbonwork. Now if you are referring to applique ribbonwork I am not sure if the threads covered that or not, but it can't hurt to search the archives.
          PB49

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.

Comment

• Blackbear
            Honey Connoissuer
            • Nov 2000

ribbons of the osage is good if you got an idea of how to already do it, they are obviously vague so that they don't give away all their trade secrets eh? LOL... also if you get the video tape from crazy crow on making shawls, they go through how to do ribbonwork for shawls. As for books, scarlet ribbons is the only one I am aware of.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• Paul G
              Webmaster
              • Jan 2000

Hey folks, PowWows.com does sell videos!!

And we have the ribbonwork video:

New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

• ojibwaysweetie
                PowWows.com Addicts
                • Sep 2003

coooooooooooooooool
                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.