Beaded Crown backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaded Crown backing

Hello, I just finished my first beaded crown and trying to figure out the best way to bring the back of the crown together in the back so that it fits perfectly. I've heard of a way that you can adjust the tightness,how is this done? Also, what is the best way to secure the beaded rosette on to the back of that area?
    ~~Prettysmile~~

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness"
    William Arthur Ward

You could sew on a short piece of elastic attached to each side of the crown in back. It would be hidden by the rosette/barrette. The rosette/barrette can be sewn permanently to your elastic band or put on as a separate barette. That's the most common method I've seen.

Another option is to tie on the crown. But your hair will get caught in it and the whole thing could loosen on you. I say, use the elastic.

Comment

Hi Czechy, thanks so much for the advice! I will use the elastic and then make the rosette as a barette to attach to the back. This crown has taken me forever, and so glad I have completed it. Thanks again!
      ~~Prettysmile~~

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness"
      William Arthur Ward

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X