do i need two full eagle wings for a bustle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need two full eagle wings for a bustle

I have my first eagle sent to me but i used the top wing of one for a fan...I want a bustle now for my northern traditional. Im curious. will I need two full wings for it? Im thinking I will need my wife to request another eagle for the bustle ??
    .sigpichttp://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/jwashee

I usually do , but you could make a small bustle with what you have left .
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Just depends on how big you want your bustle. Personally for myself, I prefer smaller bustles. Theres usually too many people always bumping against your feathers so, I try to keep them kind of small to protect the feathers.

I usually start with the feather just after the spikes and so, you end up with around 13 or so feathers from each wing. It makes a nice small round bustle. If your into big bustles, then you'll prolly want two full wings.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• crowvisions
        bustle construction
        by crowvisions
        how do i make my bustle colapsable? also how would i attach the trailer to the base of the back pannel?
        06-23-2003, 01:16 PM
      • Privateer6
        Ideas on Bustle making
        by Privateer6
        I am in the process of getting all the supplies needed to make a bustle. I have been using the Evans' book,but i've seen bustles with extenders, sinew and beads connecting the feathers, etc. Anybody has ideas on how to improve upon the Evans' book?
        For the extenders, is there some type of reccommended...
        07-23-2003, 11:06 AM
      • MAROONDANCER
        bustle questions (continued)
        by MAROONDANCER
        pards;

guys I have a few questions on bustles here they are.

1. how do you make a round bustle ... no one around this area has a round bustle that I've seen , I mean how do you make them without spikes like the swing bustles?

how do you...
        11-04-2003, 03:43 PM
      • ron red eagle
        Yet another Bustle Question
        by ron red eagle
        Ok all you Ojib's out there, especially the northern traditional dancers, I have an honest question about the construction of my bustle.

I have just been told I will be given 42 to 48 large turkey feathers for my bustle construction, however I also would like to incorporate an inner ring...
        02-01-2004, 12:48 AM
      • eutrinka
        let's talk bustles!!!
        by eutrinka
        Ok if you have seen the thread "let's talk roaches" I want to create a similar thread about bustles!

What region did the bustle originate from?

What tribe(s) originally wore the bustle?

Who was allowed to wear a bustle?

What...
        12-23-2003, 01:12 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X