Hardsole or Softsole Mocs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardsole or Softsole Mocs?

What kind of mocs do you perfer to dance in softsole or hardsole?

what kind of buckskin do you use?

what material holds up best for leggings?

Originally posted by CanteWas'teWin49 View Post

outside is hardsole, inside softsole only because of the ground. don't like the feel of stones. buckskin i only use is brain tan when i can get it. and material i recently became more fond of stiffy felt backed with iron on bond (thick)stuff. then back it.

Comment

Buckskin

Comment

I like to wear softsoles - with doubled soles. Hardsoles are nice with an insole.

For moc tops, I use brain tanned buckskin, and for the soft soles -commercial buckskin - seems to hold up longer...but check for a good thick hide.

You can use any material for women's leggings, just use at least 2 layers depending on thickness. I suggest if you use satin, that you fuse it with WonderUnder to a backing material.

My usual method is to fuse satin fabric to a cotton backing material. Fuse designs on and satin stitch the edges. Then fuse another layer of cotton material on the back to cover the stitches, and then use bias tape to cover all the edges.

Add a zipper, velcro, ties, or sew the edges together, and you're good to go!
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Softsole allows easier movement and less slipping around. Be sure to sandwich a piece of foam inside for comfort. I use whatever buckskin I can get that isn't so thin. For leggings, double layered Stiff Felt, or Pellon is good, with a zipper going on the front. for the more traditional, buckskin.

Comment

I have both styles of mocs but prefer the hardsole ones. Braintan for the uppers and buffalo rawhide for the soles, That combination is my fave because it is quite durable. I have a pair of these I made 20 years ago which I have worn a lot. Even now they show very little wear. Oh yes, cushioned insoles are a must, no matter what kind of mocs I wear.

The materials I use for leggings depends upon the style of legging. For ladies contemporary leggings I use canvas or duck cloth as a base. Beadwork or cloth applique Is applied to that. A cotton backing is fused to the backside. I like this combo because it is breatheable and thus, not hot to wear. The canvas/duck cloth is cheap, readily available and sturdy. Heat n Bond Lite iron-on adhesive for the appliques and the backing give the required amount of stiffness to the finished legging.

Comment

Thank you so much everyone! You guys really helped alot!

Comment

Soft on top, hard on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechy View Post
                  I have both styles of mocs but prefer the hardsole ones. Braintan for the uppers and buffalo rawhide for the soles, That combination is my fave because it is quite durable. I have a pair of these I made 20 years ago which I have worn a lot. Even now they show very little wear. Oh yes, cushioned insoles are a must, no matter what kind of mocs I wear.

The materials I use for leggings depends upon the style of legging. For ladies contemporary leggings I use canvas or duck cloth as a base. Beadwork or cloth applique Is applied to that. A cotton backing is fused to the backside. I like this combo because it is breatheable and thus, not hot to wear. The canvas/duck cloth is cheap, readily available and sturdy. Heat n Bond Lite iron-on adhesive for the appliques and the backing give the required amount of stiffness to the finished legging.
                  What kind of cushion do you guys use?

Comment

What kind of cushion do you guys use?
                    Cha. Everyone knows you use Dr. Scholl's!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                      Cha. Everyone knows you use Dr. Scholl's!
                      Lol! seriously? I feel like that would get in the way!

Comment

Lol! seriously? I feel like that would get in the way!
                        You want it in the way...like, between your foot and any rock you step on! hahaaa

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                          You want it in the way...like, between your foot and any rock you step on! hahaaa
                          Haha good one! I'm ganna try it

Comment

Buffalo soles with Dr. Scholl's inserts inside!
                            Dance together.

Comment

Actually, I be gellin'!
                              (Big grin)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.