Edgar Jackson technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgar Jackson technique?

Last edited by erco415; 09-11-2006, 06:45 PM.

nondirectional brickwork

thanks for the info...

I think I may have found the book you were referring to.

Beadwork: A World Guide
    by: Carolyn Crabtree

Found it on amazon.com

Comment

Trouble with beading,,, try this site,

should help a great deal since it shows step by step with pictures.

http://www.guidetobeadwork.com/book/index.html
      Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
      Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

nondirectional brickwork

Thank you for your help,

That is definently a good website for the basics...

The nondirectional brickwork I am refering to is a bit more advanced.

The beads are lined up one horizontal the next vertical..

Using very small bead sizes 16/0 and smaller you can create a portriat like effect...wich is my goal.

I wish my scanner was working so I could post some pictures...

Anyway, Thanks again...

Comment

So you are reffering to the old Herring bone pattern???
          Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
          Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

nondirectional brickwork

Hi

No this isn't the herringbone pattern...

This guy Edgar Jackson created this himself in the 1980's...

I couldn't find any pics on the web but if you have a copy of North American Indian Jewelry and Adornment by Lois Sher Dubin handy,

Look on pages 311 and 340

Looks like he uses some wire to make whatever shape he wants and then stiches some canvas around the hoop...So he is beading onto the canvas, looks like a one needle method...I just can't figure out exactly how he is stitching....etc..

Thanks

Comment

Does anyone have any pictures of this guys work? I am interested in seeing some of his work. I can not get the books here where I live.
              I didn't do it, honestly. I have burned all the proof.

Comment

I've seen a couple closeup photos of his work and it looks to me like he sews down two beads at a time in different directions, alternating on the horizontal and vertical. Kinda like right-angle-weave but with two beads on each stitch and sewn down instead of woven. The book I have shows two nice belt buckles, done by Mr. Jackson, each sewn with a different technique. Check out Contemporary American Indian Beadwork: The Exquisite Art by Jill Alden.

Comment

There's some more of Mr. Jackson's work on page 60 of Beads to Buckskins Volume II. He didn't utilize the stitch you are describing, but rather he just changed the direction of his beads to create an awesome purse. I wish it was in color.

Comment

Edgar Jackson

I don't know if this will help any - you probably already know it - but Edgar Jackson lives on the Sho-Ban reservation near Pocatello, Idaho. They don't give any photos of his work in their trading post catalog, though, which is too bad because they might get more business if people knew they could buy his work through them.
                    With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?
                    With gorilla gone, will there be hope for man?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X