Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses for fur animal faces???

Halito and good day yall!

So I went down to Alaska Fur Exchange yesterday and picked up a $5 bag of assorted fur scraps to have around for projects. I scored some nice thin strips of various furs that will be wonderful for my handmade blowgun darts, a nice piece of moose fur and some really, really nice sections of black/white cross fox tail I plan on using on my antler peace pipe that will go nice with some magpie feathers I scored on Ebay.
    But then theres this otter face . Its kinda cool on its own I guess. But animal faces seem to be popular for some reason or another. I was wondering if any of you out there know of any uses for fur faces and what you use or have used them for?
    Any insight is good insight.
    Thank you and Yakoke!

-The Pale Face Rider

I would go to ebay, amazon and etsy, and look for inspiration there.
    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by subeeds View Post
      I would go to ebay, amazon and etsy, and look for inspiration there.
      No, thanks but no luck there either :/

I'm sure I'll think of something eventually. I was just more so interested in any traditional uses more than anything else.

Comment

Do you have any otter strips? You could attach the strip to the face and it would be like a whole skinned otter...would be very cool with two!
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
          Do you have any otter strips? You could attach the strip to the face and it would be like a whole skinned otter...would be very cool with two!

Yeah, that's an idea. It did come with a smaller strip about 4"x6"
          That could work.
          Right now I just have it sitting on a lil Christmas candle holderstatue that's still out lol
          Kinda like a fur hat. That and I've been sort of using it like a finger puppet to mess with my family lol

Comment

http://forums.powwows.com/f54/meanest-animal-26591/

Comment

The Talmud teaches that Jews are to be “rachmanim b’nei rachmanim,” compassionate children of compassionate ancestors (Beitza 32b). One has to wonder if the wearing of fur is consistent with that challenging mandate.

Are the following words of Isaiah valid today if we fail to show compassion to animals?

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
              Last edited by nateboussad; 02-02-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nateboussad View Post
                The Talmud teaches that Jews are to be “rachmanim b’nei rachmanim,” compassionate children of compassionate ancestors (Beitza 32b). One has to wonder if the wearing of fur is consistent with that challenging mandate.

Are the following words of Isaiah valid today if we fail to show compassion to animals?
                (sarcasm font) Who the heck is isiah and why would we , as native peoples, give 2 chits what he says or what the talmud says ? I for 1 , am Cheyenne , and I only care what our Elders have taught us.
                I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.