No announcement yet.

Cherokee Arts Instruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Skabewis
    Cherokee outdoor drama closes season run
    by Skabewis
    Cherokee, North Carolina (AP)

The Cherokee Indian outdoor drama “Unto These Hills” is closing its 2008 season after a performance in an open-air mountain theater in southwestern North Carolina.

The drama’s 2008 run began in June and is sponsored by the Cherokee Historical...
    09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
  • Skabewis
    Prolific Cherokee author named Sequoyah professor at Western Carolina University
    by Skabewis
    Cullowhee, North Carolina (ICC)

Noted Cherokee scholar Robert J. Conley, a prolific author with 80 books to his credit during a career spanning 40 years, is the new Sequoyah Distinguished Professor in Cherokee Studies at Western Carolina University.

Conley’s appointment...
    07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
  • Skabewis
    Cherokee museum plans $2 million-plus NC expansion
    by Skabewis
    Cherokee, North Carolina (AP)

The Museum of the Cherokee Indian is well on its way to raising enough money for an expansion in the North Carolina mountains.

The Asheville Citizen-Times reported during June that the Cherokee Preservation Foundation has raised nearly $2 million....
    07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
  • silverwing13
    Cherokee needed :)
    by silverwing13
    I have been assigned a college research paper that must be done on a culture to which I do not belong. I chose the Cherokee. I would need to ask a couple of question about the culture (what you do, what the social norms are, any particular group of things that are special to the tribe, etc.)
    10-11-2010, 01:35 PM
  • Skabewis
    Cherokee basketry artist to be featured at Coffeyville gathering
    by Skabewis
    Coffeyville, Kansas (ICC)

Mike Dart is an award winning Cherokee artist specializing in the art of contemporary Cherokee Double Wall Basketry. His baskets have placed in several shows throughout northeastern Oklahoma including the First Annual Cherokee National Holiday Art Show in Tahlequah,...
    12-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X