Making Of A Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Of A Fan

Hello out there fellow powwow dot commers.

I have a question that I know someone can help me with. I have a friend who would like to know how to make a fan, from beginning to end. All details included, what supplies will be needed and what not. If there is anyone who knows how to construct one, specifically one using a screw sumwhere in the handle of the fan, below the feather part of the fan. That would also be very helpful. I know everyone has their own way of doing things and thats great, but sumone really really needs to help me...lol!!

Thanks on any info that you can give this poor guy!! J/K

I am a fan builder. What kind of fan are you interested in building? I frequently build fans that screw apart,
    Just need additional details
    david

Comment

what about a carrying case for a fan? anyone know someone who makes 'em? :)

Comment

Lots of cedar fan boxes on e-bay right now. Crazy Crow and Noc bay also sell them.
        The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
        -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Originally posted by nabeader
          I am a fan builder. What kind of fan are you interested in building? I frequently build fans that screw apart,
          Just need additional details
          david
          Trying to picture this in my head and not succeeding....... may I ask what you mean by screw apart??
          Your Heart Shows by how Your Words and Actions Affect Others.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Comment

Most of the ones I've seen have an insert between the handle and the part where the feathers go. That way it can break down for storage. I'll see if I can find a pic to post.

Here's one example of a "screw apart" fan handle.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...cat=500&page=1
            Last edited by spottedeagle; 12-07-2003, 11:46 AM.
            The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
            -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

To Nabeader:
              Well, my friend would like to make his fan out of hawk tail feathers. He is a traditional dancer and the screw apart handled fan sounds great. I was also interested in making a fan, but out of an eagle tail, so if thats not enough information on either part, get back to me with what questions you need answering, and I'll be glad to give you the information needed. This is a learning process for me as well.
              And again, pidamaya.....

Comment

Originally posted by spottedeagle
                Lots of cedar fan boxes on e-bay right now. Crazy Crow and Noc bay also sell them.

Comment

Go to Nocbay.com, click on (learning circle).

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X