Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrotums

Hahahaha...I bet that word got everyone's attention. :p
    Anyway, a friend cut 30 calves yesterday and wants to use the scrotums in her crafts but never treated them prior to use herself before. (neither have i) Can anyone here give any pointers, tips, etc...on the best way to treat these scrotums so they can be made into pouches?
    Thanks in advance for any help. ;)
    "I know that you’ve been damaged, your soul has suffered such abuse, but I am not your savior, I am just as screwed as you."

:Chatter

So are you looking for a professional scrotum handler or would an amateur do? :Angel2

I won't mention any names!
    :rofl2: :taunting:
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

ROTFLMAO U R sooooooooooo not right.:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
      SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Rumaki_On_Rye
        ....Mato likes to chew hers before she works with em. ayyyye!

:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Please : no one ask me why I know this...
          To make old style containers or canteens.
          1. Soak them over night in strong salt water with a dash of full strenght Lysol. (comes in little brown bottles)
          2. fill with dry, hot sand, (bake it in the oven at 200 for and hour.
          3. shape using sand as filler. put a cork in it.
          at the top..pull edges up to the cork and wrap with sinew.
          this make the neck and stopper.
          4. dry them slowly over a cool smokey fire.. do not cook them.... dry them.
          They finish up hard and dry like rawhide.
          then throw them away cause there nasty and no one today needs one!
          Some just will just rot..
          If you sell them on Ebay I am afraid I will see some goof drinking Kool- aid out of one at Powow this summer..
          Tan em and sell them as bags......Why?
          The guys with dog skulls on sticks and dead skunks on heads want em....
          Last edited by storm; 02-19-2004, 12:48 PM.
          My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

Originally posted by storm
            Please : no one ask me why I know this...
            Don't worry, no one will ask because we all know that Shawnee & Creek people have and still use these as koolaid holders. It's good to know that you are keeping your customs alive.
            It's tradish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
              :Chatter

So are you looking for a professional scrotum handler or would an amateur do?
              Hmmm, that question could start a whole new thread...the pros and cons of pros or amateurs. hehehehe

But anyway, moving on...I'll let that one pass. ;)

As for an answer to your question Storm, I don't think she's selling them and as to what type of bags she's making with them I didn't ask. Maybe marble bags for her grandbabies. lol This lady finds a use for everything. I do thank you for your info and will pass it on to her.
              "I know that you’ve been damaged, your soul has suffered such abuse, but I am not your savior, I am just as screwed as you."

Comment

Depending on how you want the leather here is some tips.

If you do the tanning in the cold weather the scrotums tend to shrink up and you will end up with thicker smaller pieces of leather.

If you tan them in the heat they stretch out and you get thinner leather.

Depending on how old they are they may stretch down to the knee.
                There are 2 types of people in the world...
                Really stupid people who think they are smart
                and
                Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Blow them up real big and let em dry.

Make sure you spit and rinse afterward though!

Comment

Pards;
                    you could just squirt toothpaste in your mouth like the dragon in mulan that eddie murphy played.

i had to think back on that one

(been kinda MIA recently , sorry)

'i believe I can fly'
                    Rob Young

Comment

my first response is EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

my second response is to treat the scrotums like you would hide.
                      Bahnisiain

Comment

Originally posted by bahnisiain
                        my first response is
                        my second response is to treat the scrotums like you would hide.

Hiding them is the best way to treat your scrotums.:devil
                        My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

naaaa man wear it out in public let it all hang out , be proud of what you've got and what they gave you .

sorry i just had to add that

'i believe I can fly'
                          Rob Young

Comment

I know that each tribe has different scrotum traditons, but, i have a question.
                            Boxxers, Briefs, or free and easy?
                            ------------------
                            " We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
                            If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
                            We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
                            And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )

Comment

If these have come from calves, they aren't going to be that big anyway. I think you want to be working with the bull's--:)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X