How to make a quality hand drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• hobbs49
    Caring for Drum Heads
    by hobbs49
    This may seem like an offbeat question, but here goes. I was noticing the other day while sitting in with some guys singing that the drum head had a couple of areas where the hide (buffalo I think) was looking like it had some spidery surface cracks. When I ran my hand over it, I could feel some of...
    02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
  • jackson_1900
    Painting a drum
    by jackson_1900
    I bought a 26 inch bull hide drum a few weeks ago and I was thinking about painting it but am unsure what type of paint to use. It's 14 inches deep so it has a deep loud tone to it, I never had a painted drum so I'm worried that the sound will be different after it's painted. should I use acrylic paint...
    10-21-2010, 10:00 PM
  • TradDancer04
    Drum Sticks
    by TradDancer04
    Just wondering what everybody use to make their drum sticks out of?
    01-28-2003, 11:00 PM
  • SouthernDrumSinger
    Best Drum Frame
    by SouthernDrumSinger
    Powwow People,

For those of you who have made powwow drums, what is the best (and most economical and sturdy) way to make the frame?

Thanks

SDS
    11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
    Getting Started...finally
    by Guest
    Okay the Powwow has been going well into the afternoon. You've been dancing hard for most of the morning. Your dance category has already come and gone, and right now you're dancing to intertribals. After a while that starts to get a little old. and evening Grand Entry is still a few hours away. ...
    07-28-2001, 09:47 AM

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X