Bugs and Feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Pani/Dine'
    Whitening Feathers
    by Pani/Dine'
    I need some help, I got some bald eagle tail feathers and they had a lot of bird poop on them. I cleaned them up as best I could with woolite. It got them clean but it could only do so much, now they have a real off white color to them and not the brite white like I see fans are. I need help to clean...
    03-28-2012, 02:03 AM
  • nativegal
    Straightening Feathers
    by nativegal
    Hello all!
    I bought a lot of Macaw feathers to make a flat fan, for my jingle, and I have ran into a issue. I need the feathers straighter than they are to make a flat fan. I was told to steam them or place them close to a hot lamp. Ok problem being... I steamed a IMMITATION eagle feather for...
    04-26-2006, 09:34 AM
  • Nashoba
    Steamy Feathers
    by Nashoba
    I've beaded fans, but this is the first time to make a fan from the feathers to the beadwork. Someone from way down South gave me a lot of Macaw feathers from the Andes. All they told me to do was steam them and wrap 'em up they said. Help with steaming and wrapping? I don't understand any websites...
    10-18-2004, 03:10 AM
  • wyat
    Cleaning Feathers
    by wyat
    I have searched the archives for an old post on cleaning feathers. I couldn't find it which means one of 2 things. :Idea It's not in the archives or I couldn't find it. :37:

What is the best was to clean dirty feathers? I remember reading in the old post something about washing...
    11-05-2001, 10:27 AM
  • CherokeeScoutCB
    Full feather sets
    by CherokeeScoutCB
    I have been wondering, in everybodys opinion, what is the amount of feathers needed to make a good full set I mean everything from roach to mocs. I have alot of turkeys where I live and just wanted to get an idea of how many wings I would need. Personally I dont like the tails and I can live without...
    11-07-2004, 10:43 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X