Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a tipi

Hi!
    I live in Mexico, and me and some friends want to make a tipi. We┬┤ve been looking on the internet for instructions on how to make one, but all the ones that we found are to dificult to understand with our english. If someone could give me some information or tips, it will be very helpful. Thank you all.

Itzpapalotl

There are NO instructions on the internet to make a tipi from start to finish. You are better off with a book by the Luabins on "tipis"....Try www.amazon.com and you willl find the book. Some information is on my site.

Comment

yea, you're not really going to find any start to finish instructions on how to make tipis online. i learned from being around my Comanche friends. as a matter of fact, we were working on a tipi yesterday. for the poles, we used young... but not too young... pines. you have to strip the bark completely off and take off all limbs and "knots" and that alone took 2 full days to get about 20 done... and that was with like 3 ppl working on them, doing 2 tress at a time. it's no easy task... it's hard work and it deff makes a mess, espeically pine. lol
      Yigaquu osaniyu adanvto adadoligi nigohilvi nasquv utloyasdi nihi

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• orangepridendns1
        Cheyenne Frontier Days Pow Wow
        by orangepridendns1
        Hi All!! Long time no post from the OP...lots going on this year and we may actually slow down for a little bit. That said we are looking ahead to the summer months and some family vacation time. Right now we are looking at a road trip to Wyoming. We were thinking about going to the Cheyenne Frontier...
        02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
      • beading_4_ndnz
        Just in case you want to know how to..........
        by beading_4_ndnz
        http://www.answers.com/topic/pow-wow-1

cool!
        I was, and am still, looking for info on food vending tips, that is, food regulations, etc., at pow wows.

we are considering having a "healthy...
        03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
      • crazywolf
        Environmental issues
        by crazywolf
        Boozhoo niji,

I had a rather long day, learned a bunch of stuff today and decided to post on what I had learned. I searched for threads on environmental issues and could not find any on this site, so I decided to start a new thread on the issues of what is going on with the environment....
        01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
      • fri_bread_addict
        Great opportunity for NDN film students or film makers
        by fri_bread_addict
        Hi Everyone,

I picked up a new client that is starting a service that offers movies over the internet to users who pay a monthly membership fee. The owners name is Glen and he's a really nice guy. I suggested the idea of having a Native American category if we had enough people submit...
        10-13-2004, 03:13 PM
      • 2lineCarrandMorgan
        DNA testing
        by 2lineCarrandMorgan
        Hello all,

im bring this to powwows , i have many friends here and i have grown to trust yall ways in being state with ppl,
        im fixing to put a cotton swab to the inside of my cheek to look for answers of my familys history we have much oral history but no pappers to back up our claims,the...
        04-28-2009, 12:38 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X