Please forgive my ignorance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat
    When the big hurricanes hit Fla. last year and the year before...this "wasichu" just put up her tipi and lived in it for a few weeks until all became normal here. Better than living in a hot house. Took the fire wood, which was plentiful at that time, and had a cook out for all my meals. Didn't have power for 4 weeks. You would be surprised how many Indians cannot survive disaster too as I had a few visit me for a meal. To survive without certain materials in a disaster is a learned experience no matter what race you are. Floods, fires and winds do not choose or go around certain people, nature hits and can kill anyone.

Many people learn how to survive, prepare to survive, and help others to survive when needed. You also have a big gun for those who don't.
    We learned to survive on nothing when we were kids. Back in Montana, having the power go out for a week or longer in the winter happened a lot. Sometimes the snow would fill the valleys and cover the roads with 4 feet or more. For us surviving in the mountains was an every day thing it seemed. In the summer we could go up in the mountians on horseback with a bed roll and no food and no money or credit cards. Have you ever gone on a camping trip with no food in hand, and come back weighing more then when you left two weeks before? It can be done!
    Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Actuallllllly NO on the gaining of wieght. But did a two week survival course at FT. Benning, Ga. with the same items you did. Hey...you had it better...you had the horse. I had to HOOF it all those miles. But it sure taught me how to depend on myself in extreme heat and swampy conditions. Wait a minute...you had snow....that is not fare....I had brackish water....

Each area of the country has its trials and tribulations that have to be overcome when modern materials are not available. It is amazing anyone can survive in this day and age and few will if and when all our modern items dissapear sometime in the future. The jungle is now just surviving day to day in a world on the brink of who knows what.

Hey...about two weeks in South/east Los Angles Gang areas...

Comment

Hey...about two weeks in South/east Los Angles Gang areas...
        You bring that gun you talked about, and I'll bring mine.

That way we just might make it in the LA gang areas

Like the mask
        Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

Comment

Actuallllllly NO on the gaining of wieght. But did a two week survival course at FT. Benning, Ga. with the same items you did. Hey...you had it better...you had the horse.

Now comes the real question. Did I mention the horses coming back with us?

That should make you think a bit! LOL

Comment

Now that did make me think twice.

Comment

Now that did make me think twice.
              No horses were harmed in the making of these camping trips. All always came home happy and healthy. However, we always came back happy to get a shower and a nice warm bed.

I just had to throw in that little twist.

Those trips were a good time for me. I learned much about life, happiness, and how to survive just about anything. I still use what I have learned every day. I also learned about our people and how they survived for centuries.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.