Lodge Owners 35th. tipi encampment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodge Owners 35th. tipi encampment

Just got back from Disney World where 25 tipis were set up for the Thanksgiving Diner. Had a wonderfull time. If you ever want to go...for a full week of family fun..not a dance or rendezvous event...just modern fun camping with your family...this is the event to go too..

Will post photos later.

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat
    Just got back from Disney World where 25 tipis were set up for the Thanksgiving Diner.

CCat,

Why set up a tipi at Disney World? For Thanksgiving?
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Because Disney has great facilities for camping in a tipi and the room for many lodges. And it is one time of the year where we can get off from work to camp together for a full week without Powwow tourist visitors, Rendezvours and the public gawkers. If you are refering something negative about it being Thanksgiving.... we take it as a day of blessing that our military sons and daughters, friends, and others who do tipi camping can be together to celebrate the family and tipis.

This is a photo of one of the encampments at Disney a few years ago. Said it was a great place for tipis.
      Last edited by Cheshire Cat; 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

..and others who do tipi camping can be together to celebrate the family and tipis.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...y/MVC-509S.jpg

CCat,

One more question (I'm trying to help this thread, because nobody posts)...

Was there any turkey left?

I'm hungry.

Comment

Ok....now I see. The way it was worded had me a bit quized? Especially with some on this group. But......we put 12 turkeys into the ground and ate them all. Lots of wing bones for whistles and lots of meat for sandwiches after the meal.

As for those not doing much on this part of the site, lets' face it. Most everyone here is into dancing/Contest dancing and not much to do with the tipis. Because most dances do not even have an area for camping, much less tipis to camp, you see less of them at dances.

LodgeOwners at Thanksgiving was started 35 years ago to give us all a break from the public and to enjoy our camping. Little did we know, that in to days dances, the tipi was being vased out.

I have been asked several times to bring my fully decked out lodge to dances, only to find out I could not camp in it to protect my camp site and that they wanted it open to the public full time with very little compensation for my time and travel. But they offer big dance money. So, sometimes just getting together with friends for a good time and those who appreciate a tipi are getting few.

Comment

....in to days dances, the tipi was being vased out.

I have been asked several times to bring my fully decked out lodge to dances, only to find out I could not camp in it to protect my camp site and ...

I know what you mean. I have two small tipis. I haven't used them in years. So I just gave them away!

Comment

So what's up with the deal? What do they charge you for camping there? Or do they compensate you?

Is it right at Disney World? So you can camp and go visit Disney World, right?

Or is just more of a get together for y'all?

Just wondering.....
              ...it is what it is...

Comment

You have to own a tipi, it is about 11.10$ a night per person, which is WAY cheaper than the usuall Disney rates, and get in contact with me or the people on the the web site I will post. This is NOT a Disney sponcered event. It is strickly for us to have fun. No tourist or groups go through the camp. Only your friends and family. It is IN Disney World at the Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds.
                Go to this web site for more information.

Comment

Do you know people that are sellin off used tipis? Do you get all access to the park and all? What can you use the whistles for you make from the wing bones?
                  Have ichabu.. will travel!

The original TiPi CrEePeR...

Comment

1. You will have to check other places for used tipis. Ebay has some right now.
                    2. You have only the use of the transportation sysytem, all the ice you can use, the pools and spas of the hotels..and towels, and anything in Wilderness Camp Grounds that is not an extra cost for anyone else.
                    3. I do not make the wistles, but some of our Sioux campers make them and a few are given to the kids to learn how to make and play. This year...none were made as the birds were a bit on the smaller size than wanted for wistles.
                    4. You have 8 more months before the invitations and information go out again for the 36th. anual.

Comment

2. You have only the use of the transportation sysytem, all the ice you can use, the pools and spas of the hotels..and towels, and anything in Wilderness Camp Grounds that is not an extra cost for anyone else. .
                      Thanks! That's sounding gooder and gooder. If we wanted to camp there at another time do the same rates apply?
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

No...those rates are for this special group camping. If you come individually, you must pay for a single site and that is much more.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X