Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... who is ready to set the old lodge up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... who is ready to set the old lodge up?

Just wondering since it is now spring who was getting the lodge out of storage and where you'll be setting it up at.
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

We have had 2 lodges up since last fall and plan to keep them up year round - makes a nice gathering place and a comfy place to change before and after the sweat - was especially nice this winter to have the new stove set up.

Comment

So do you have to coat the canvas or treat it some how to keep it from turning grey or green and rotting? People I knew once upon a time had a prob with that.
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

The 26 footer is treated canvass - the smaller 18 footer is untreated - this is the first winter for both - will let you know how they fared.

Comment

How about when am I ever going to get my tipi out of storage and put it up.
          Yesterday...got two shots in the knee so I can walk. Today some doctor stuck his finger up my rear and now tells me he is going to do that with a camera in one month. Then in two weeks after that, they will do othroscopic on my knee to file down splinters on my bones, and if that does not work....I get a new knee from the Cracker Jack box.

Cannot bend over to pound my pegs into the ground much less pick the cover up.

Whoooooooaaaa is me.

Oh well, I will be at the Union grove dance.
          See you in the pool.

tipis

Comment

Just took down my 18 footer. I will probably put it back up this weekend. Weather here is great for camping right now (70's in the day and 40's at night).

Curtis

Comment

weather finally dried up place will be putting up tipi soon.
              cant we all just get along?

Comment

I was able to set up my new 19.5 footer Reese tipi a couple of weeks ago and it's a LOT bigger than my old 14 footer.

Yesterday though, i took my 14 footer down to the Waleska, GA powwow for their tipi competition, but with all the rains, seeing how wet the powwow grounds were (about 1/3 of the dance arena was underwater), plus some other factors, i decided to not set up but to head on home instead. There's always other powwows and other years, plus i'll have the 19.5 footer ready for competition by then. (maybe it won't rain so much next year!!! ).
                DANCING IS EVERYTHING!!!!

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.