This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaver Tutorial

Wow, thank so much for your Tutorial on applique Blackbear, such great instructions. I am new to beading and now I can try my hand at this by going by your directions..........Such nice work!!!!
    I love these 2 forum, Beading and Crafts as you all really help us neebies out on things we can we don't know how to do.

Comment

I tried to bead a project. This tutorial was great, but I ran into a problem when I finished with the beads. How do you prepare the piece to have the paper glued on? (trimming the edges or folding it under) What type of glue do you use? And how do you do the fringe?

Thank you.

Comment

you put glue on it, then stick it to your plastic and then the backing gets glued on.. then trim with scissors close but not cutting threads and then edge bead.

Fringe is fringe...and there's a hundred ways to do fringe these days... you might want to specify what kind you want to learn to do.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Edge

I like how you did the edge on the beaver necklace. How was that done?

Comment

Excelent tutorial! I just finished my first rosette, and I did it a little different because I hadn't read this yet, but now my next on will be easier.

For bigger pieces I've seen people use an artists canvas, like you would paint on. You can get them in different sizes and they are already stretched out on a frame, they are also treated with some kind of primer that helps make them a little stiffer and easier to draw on than canvas by itself.
            What Cannot Be Remedied, Must Be Endured.

Comment

I love the leaf beads you used on the fringe, I feel like it really ties everything together, what a beautiful piece of artwork.

Comment

I am so grateful for the tutorial and the tips. I am definitely going to do more bead appliqué on Pelion. I have used it for sewing but never thought of it for beading. Thanks for your generosity in sharing!

Comment

I will be doing the technique of needleweaving or needle-beading. This is done without the help of a loom and is a rather easy technique. I will be beading around the applique but will use a connecting technique when needed to make a continuous line. This is done by picking up the thread on the back of applique and going through the fabric and picking up another bead and then back through the first bead and the applique. You then repeat this step until the applique is connected. I have attached a photo of the material I will be beading on and a photo of the applique design I have drawn on the material. The applique design is only to show you how the beads will be arranged on the material. It will not be part of the final design.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X