Wing spikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing spikes

I have a set of wing spikes that I want to do something with. Any ideas what they can be used for? They are somewhat odd shaped naturally so i'm drawing a blank. Suggestions?
    "I'm learning to accept the things that are beyond my control,
    and working on improving the things that are." -RBTF

Wing Spikes- more info please.

How Many, how long, and do you dance? If you dance what style?

Comment

[MENTION=57090]Ravenhunter[/MENTION]

I have one right and one left, about 13" more-or-less from tip to tip.

I know they can be used for a bustle but are there any other craft uses considering that I don't have the whole wing set?
      Attached Files

Comment

Wing Spikes

Sorry to take so long in returning a message. I would agree they would look nice from bustle uprights and I would probably do that if I were building a bustle. If you could locate a nice center tail feather you may consider a small fan as another option. I once saw a dancer that had two spikes as a simple fan with some gourd stitch and hawk bells but I cannot recall any other information on the 2 feather fan. It is also not necessary to do something immediately I would think, possibly hold on to them for a while until something comes to mind.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=57090]Ravenhunter[/MENTION]

Yea I was also thinking of a small fan. I've had these for a bit and every once in a while I get an idea and take a look to see if it would work. We'll see what happens.

to be continued...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X