How to Bead Weave in the Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Czechy View Post
    I always like a challenge! So naturally I would choose a complicated project to learn on. i started a hair streamer (called paaxkee in Hochunk Winnebago). Learned from an article in an old Threads magazine by Sally Gauthier. Doubt I will finish it because I own 3 other examples of these. Haha, I also made ONE earring with this same technique. Bias weaving is time consuming but the result is fabulous, like none other.
    thanks for the tutorial!
    I have her article and it is MUCH better than my little tutorial here. I have a hair streamer in progress right now. It's going pretty well if I'd only get time to work on it.

Our society is doing charity work this month and I am busy almost every day. I'm counting down the end of the month so I can go back to beading. We earn a lot of money for our charities though and it is worth it.

I have emailed with Sally and I've encouraged her to write a book. She is gifted at instructions. I am not. But I first learned from my aunt. I was trying to do it again with the directions from books and it was all wrong. The books set it up backwards. Set up this way, you can feed the beads through your fingers and do it faster. Backwards is unnatural.

Anyway, if you ever pick it up again, starting next month I will pick up the hair tie again and report on the progress. I am making them for my teen daughter. She has already finished the hairwrapper that goes with the set of ties.

I do love beading this way. I would rather bead weave than do any other sort of beading. I love the results.

Comment

Wonderful, thanks for sharing! Sounds like a good weekend project for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato-Zi-Win View Post
        Wonderful, thanks for sharing! Sounds like a good weekend project for me.

If you make something, I'd love to see it! Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to do. You'll get in a rhythm.

I hardly do any other type of beading these days because I enjoy this so much!

Good luck!

Comment

docat are "great," you can pass on their knowledge, tried to work with young people.
          Codziennie budzę się piękniejsza, ale dziś to już chyba przesadziłam

What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity

Comment

Originally posted by renia58 View Post
            docat are "great," you can pass on their knowledge, tried to work with young people.

Hi Renata! Bead weaving in the bias is a dying art. Many choose to sew beads or weave on a loom. Bias weaving is not difficult, but not many try this method. It is slower than other beading because you place one bead in position at a time.

You can try it in Poland, Renia! Some of the prettiest beads are Czech beads. Probably you can get them easily!

Hi Renata! Koralik tkania w stronniczość jest sztuka umierania. Wielu wybiera się szyć lub splot koralików na krośnie. Kompensacja tkania nie jest trudne, ale nie wiele spróbować tej metody. Jest mniejsza niż innych, ponieważ perełek umieszczamy kulki w położeniu w czasie.

Możesz spróbować w Polsce, Renia! Niektóre z najpiękniejszych perełek są czeskie koraliki. Prawdopodobnie można je łatwo!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X