Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Powwow Dancer
    replied
    Very nice article!! A friend of mine made me a Canada Goose feather dance bustle. Here is a picture

Leave a comment:

• Contemporary Northern Traditional Bustle construction

I have made four bustles since 1990. Each one better than the last and each one incorporating ideas from other bustle maker's finished products. I have used several ideas and procedures from Craig Jone's article listed below. The primary ingredient missing from the article is 'patience.' Make your bustle as though its going to be your best and last bustle. Take your time. Protect your supplies and finished bustle from extreme heat and cold.

Craig Jones, writer for Whispering Winds has published an excellent guide for construction of a contemporary Northern Traditional Bustle.

The link for the article is provided below:

Contemporary Northern traditional bustle construction. - Free Online Library

Just got through reviewing the following tutorial on Bustle construction. This gentleman does fine work.
    Check out Juaqin's tutorial
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM9IrcvoP8s
    Last edited by alumphfres; 02-03-2022, 03:57 PM. Reason: Found Juaqin's tutorial which uses 3/8" dowels for extensions - awesome.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X