Making Jingles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Jingles

I've been trying to make my own jingles out of rolled aluminum. I'm having a hard time making them even on the bottom and top. I've tried grabbing the whole edge and rolling, grabbing the bottom more than the top and rolling or visa versa with the top. They should be stepped like they are. Is there a trick or something to it? lol Some turned out but I don't know what I did and it took awhile to get them that way...

You might try this: https://buffalochipsindianart.com/jingle-lid-roller

Comment

Spend the money and buy them by the hundreds, already rolled if you want matching jingles. Problem solved.
      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Butterfly View Post
        I've been trying to make my own jingles out of rolled tragaperras. I'm having a hard time making them even on the bottom and top. I've tried grabbing the whole edge and rolling, grabbing the bottom more than the top and rolling or visa versa with the top. They should be stepped like they are. Is there a trick or translation to it? lol Some turned out but I don't know what I did and it took awhile to get them that way...
        I was having a bad time making them too! Regards

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ashlalee_tsoh
          Curious. . .
          by ashlalee_tsoh
          So, I am a Native teen originally from Utah and am involved with a lot of programs to help other troubled and/or non-troubled native teens/students. I've been part of this team called The Standing Tall Team. It involves 10 students from the same area that we are trying to help. The team was organized...
          06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
        • wyo_rose
          Furious!!
          by wyo_rose
          I am so mad I could just pit!!

After winning 2 Pendleton's on eBay way back on Dec 4th, they STILL haven't arrived! I finally got the tracking number from this chick and she only mailed them Dec 20th. They should get here on Dec 24th, but that's TOO LATE!!

I have a bunch...
          12-22-2007, 08:10 PM
        • RDNKJ
          Elk Leather Boots
          by RDNKJ
          Ladies (and guys), I need your help. I have a pair of light tan elk leather cowboy boots. Their great. Except I'm afraid to wear them because I can't find out how to care for them. I've been to three western stores, including the one I bought them from, and each one has said the same thing. I asked...
          04-07-2009, 08:51 PM
        • hobbs49
          Hairpipe Questions
          by hobbs49
          My first time to post in this forum. Be gentle

I've got some bone hairpipe on an old northern traditional breastplate that I've been using for nearly 30 years. The bone was new and shiny white when I originally put the thing together. I'm thinking of repurposing those hairpipe...
          01-30-2008, 08:51 AM
        • Singing Eagle
          Sealing fabric that's been painted?
          by Singing Eagle
          My husband has an awesome vest that some of the guys he works with in the Pen painted for him! They did 2 eagles a bear and 2 turtles!

It is the most gorgeous painting I've ever seen in my life!

Question: What product can I use to seal the painting on the canvass without...
          09-05-2003, 05:54 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X