One piece lining versus 3 pieces lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One piece lining versus 3 pieces lining

Which is best?One piece lining or 3 pieces lining?What the advantages of both?and the inconvenients?
    Hate is for FOOLS!And fools like m&ms come in all colors

I am ready to tell you my secret now,I see dumb people,.I see them everywhere.They dont know they're dumb,they only see what they want to see.That weird feeling which make the hair on your neck stand up....thats them!

HOLY COW!!! I didn't even think to ask how mine is being done!
    Instead of telling God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is!

Comment

Yours is probably being done as a 3 piece. I prefere the 3 peice in ease of putting up and down. On Small tipis, like the 10', I use a one piece. My 17' has a 3 piece.

tipis

Comment

No drafts? The 3 pieces is closer to what the plains indians had in their buffalo hide tipi.I was just wondering if the one piece is an improvement or not.
        Hate is for FOOLS!And fools like m&ms come in all colors

I am ready to tell you my secret now,I see dumb people,.I see them everywhere.They dont know they're dumb,they only see what they want to see.That weird feeling which make the hair on your neck stand up....thats them!

Comment

My 16 ft has a one piece, and 18 ft has a 3 piece. I like the 3 piece better. It is easier to handle,,,,,less material. It does let a draft through if I don't pull the overlap around enough. Just gotta make sure I stack some things against it to cover any openings.

Comment

We have a 16' tipi with a 3 peice liner. The one advantage I enjoy is that on those hot days I can part it like a curtain and let a little bit of a cooling draft in.
            The one pain in the neck is that my dog like to sneak out between the sections at night.
            I think a one peice must be super in the winter if you camp.

Jill

Comment

Brown wlf,
              I definately agree with the convenience of dropping one section of liner in hot weather. Another plus for the 3 piece crowd.
              Curtis

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.