Stomp Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stomp Dance?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question.

Saw my first Stomp Dance this weekend. Thought it was very interesting. I would like to learn more. Any one have info or suggestions on where I should start?

Thanks for any and all help.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Choctawgirl:
    Glad we got to meet in person this weekend.

If you are serious about wanting to know more and see more stomp dancing you will need to go to OK's northeastern area. We have actual Stomp Grounds where only Stomp dancing happens. (no powwows). Stomp grounds like Whiteoak, Vian, Littleaxe.... etc. . Some stomps are regular events (once a month) and some are set for certain tribal events (Black drink, Green corn, etc.). Just talk to your OK family for times of these events.

Stomp 'til sun up!!!!!!!!!
    Wa-Do!!!!!!!!
    BOB

Comment

Little Axe

Cherosage (think I spelled that right), Are you going to Little Axe for the Bread Dance this coming Saturday?? the 11th and 12th? I am since that is my home ground. I will be shaking cans too. Anyone going? Also, Cherosage, did you hear anything else about the Columbia Powwow. How will we meet? I GOT IT! You have to where a white pillow case with eye holes cut out of it okay! haha. Just kidding. Anyways, Let me know. People are welcome to come if you want. It is in Little Axe, Ok. Off of Franklin Road the 11th and 12th. Leave your cameras at home. :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Meow
        Non-natives spectating
        by Meow
        I'm new to the board...I know from searching previous threads that there have been similar threads in the past dealing with non-natives who go and dance at pow-wows. I didn't feel like those threads applied to me because I have no intention to attempt to dance at a powwow because I am non-native and...
        03-26-2007, 11:57 AM
      • RedHawkeDancing
        Dance.....
        by RedHawkeDancing
        O'Siyo. I am a newbie to this posting on pow wow.com. I have a couple of questions, if I may ask.

One is this. When I dance, I do not dance in regalia like I see at pow wows, or like any of the dancers I see. I dance mostly in a trance like state or I Totem dance. Is there a "name"...
        03-18-2004, 02:23 AM
      • Nakoda man
        Training schedule of grass dancers
        by Nakoda man
        I like to know what a training schedules a typical grass dancer normally attains to, See i know a limited few can sit do nothing, eat anything,..smoke up and still dance good,..BUT a majority of us airn't gifted athelets, so that means we have to try 10 times harder than the average gifted "supermen",...I...
        06-14-2004, 09:38 PM
      • TahlequahLenape
        Back into the arena this weekend
        by TahlequahLenape
        I am heading back into the arena this weekend after a 20 year "break" from fancy dancing. Thanks go to Whome, BeadMan, CrazyWolf and bwhite for their postings regarding regalia contruction and fancy dance history. I very much appreciate it. Posts from these gentleman are what got me originally...
        05-22-2007, 05:29 PM
      • James Clippinger
        Who can be a Straight Dancer
        by James Clippinger
        I am an advisor for a Order of the Arrow Dance team.
        At a recient event several knowledgeable individuals came to me and indicated that one of my young men would make a good Straight Dancer. Several weeks later I mentioned this to a friend who said that only Veterans could be Straight Dancers....
        08-03-2002, 11:37 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X