Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dances that exlude Non-Indians. Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Zotigh
    Gourd at contest...how?
    by Zotigh
    I've been reminesing 'bout grandpa. He took me and my brothers and cousins to so many dances. Would he recognize dances today? The open 'social' and 'ceremonial' dances...yeah, I think he would. But, the 'contest', pin the number squares on the dancers thing, called 'contest dances'....I don't...
    08-03-2008, 02:55 AM
  • TacO5000
    Gourd dancing is not a veterans dance
    by TacO5000
    Everytime I read This post that you people put your always talking about the gourd dancing being a veterans dance, its not a veteran dance. I have roots in carnige and have also lived in carnige. Some of my family are members of the Kiowa Gourd Clan. It's a Kiowa dance, this is coming from a kiowa ...
    08-02-2003, 11:35 PM
  • Josiah
    Encyclopedia version of the Gourd Dance
    by Josiah
    I surf the internet alot and occasional run across bits of information that i have to share.
    I was reading this entry in the encyclopedia and it struck me that there were things in here that I have never heard of!
    I am no expert and do not claim to know everything, that is not possible....
    08-02-2006, 12:36 PM
  • Josiah
    Should Gourd Dance be a male-only dance?
    by Josiah
    It was requested that we should have a new poll regarding this question, which I think is a better way to put it...
    Yes
    76.92%
    No
    7.69%
    I don't have anything to do with Gourd Dance, but I think females should be able to dance.
    2.56%
    I don't have anything to do with Gourd Dance, but I think only males should dance.
    10.26%
    I don't know.
    2.56%
    11-25-2008, 12:42 AM
  • wickedannabella
    Gourd Dance, Dying? Or resurgance?
    by wickedannabella
    Here in the midwest there seems to be renewed interest in the Gourd Dance. My father is a member of the Star Hawk Society and he's PLEASED to have this make a comeback. What are your feelings on this?
    07-01-2003, 06:00 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X