No announcement yet.

Miss Indian World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is not necessary that the girl held a title in the past, but she must give up any titles that she is currently holding and i'm not sure if they still do this, but when cepa won, she had to sign a contract that she would not run for any other title within the year after she gave up the crown. but seriously, once you've had the WORLD... what other title could you want?!?!?:p :p :p

Comment

Really, you can just retire the wave after being Miss Indian World. Is there a Miss Indian Universe?

Comment

I know that some girl from up here ran for that quite a while ago. She took third I think, and I am not sure where to look for those results, since I can't seem to remember the year

Comment

Other titles

I think there is a Miss Indian USA or that may not be the exact name of it and then there's Miss Indian Nations held at Tribes powwow each year my cuz ran for that a few years ago.

Comment

One of my friends up in ShoBan country told me that you have to either be a queen (possible princess) to enter MIW. But that she heard this year there wasn't many queens entering, and that they pretty much had it open to anyone. Hmm. I would have loved to run, like you Superndngirl, but with a baby! *hehe* How about a Mrs. Indian World?? Kiddding, I know, I know. I remember this one year at SIPI in Albuquerque, there was this much older woman and when they had the Miss SIPI pageant, she was demanding to enter, but according to the rules, she couldn't have children, hers were teens. Anyway, she took it all the way to the Senate, etc. It was crazy. Anyway.... Needless to say she wasn't allowed to run, the committees, senate, etc, all stood on tradition, the way it's been before. Hmm.
            :p cool indin woman :p

Comment

my sis and some friends were thinking about starting a Mrs Indian Oklahoma. thats too much!

Yeah there's a Miss Indian USA
              http://www.indians.org/Programs/MIUSApro/miusapro.html
              The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I wish I woulda had a girl. I told my oldest he's gotta marry a former MIW.
                tuck & roll

Comment

When I get to Haskell, I plan on running my last year. Competition can get pretty tough I heard, but Im tougher! Aye Like the skin on my knees! AYE!
                  ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
                  ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
                  *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

Originally posted by powwowchic49
                    When I get to Haskell, I plan on running my last year. Competition can get pretty tough I heard, but Im tougher! Aye Like the skin on my knees! AYE!
                    Way to go, and you have a great sense of humour as well;)

Comment

Miss Indian World

I was just wondering if Cepa or Ke Aloha ran for a couple years before they won, if it was their first year running, and how old they were when they won?? :Thinking
                      "Our Indian life, I know, is gone forever." Waheenee Hidatsa "HAKUNA MATATA"

Comment

I do believe that most of the females that are running have to be between the ages of 18-24 non-married , no bebe's kids. My sister ran one yr in the 90's and received 2nd runner up , a close friend of mine won yr , JC Lonetree, and my cousin holds the title now. My best friend also ran one yr. so hearing all there stories lets me thank of how exciting it is to run or even just being there like how I was when my sister won. Perrtttyy cool experience.:D
                        Peace , love, and frybread Grease !!!!

Comment

I was looking on the website for the "requirements" and the age limit is between 18 and 25. I think when Ke Aloha ran for the title she was 25 years old.

As for the "Queen" requirement... Royalty are encouraged to apply. If a young Anishnab/Native lady feels that she has what it takes to enter, then she can.

ctryprincess... In the 2001 competition there was a young lady, Genevieve Markassun, from California who was 18 when she entered. If I remember correctly, she was completing her first year of college. Boy could she sing!! Anyhow, she was the youngest contestant that year and she placed 3rd. Just tell your ex-niece to be herself and she'll do fine. The experience of competing in such an event alone is all worth it!! She'll definately come out with a greater sense of confidence.

It took my mother quite a few months but she talked me into entering the pageant this year. I'm not too nervous, yet. Perhaps when I wake up on the first day of the pageant, I'll have a few jitters. I'll just shake em off and go right out there. My mom has confidence in me, why shouldn't I? I've been preparing my whole life... I'm just there to share my traditions and language with some fellow Anishnabe people. That's how I see it.

I know of 1-2 other ladies who will representing in the pageant. I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait till Gatherings.

Hope that helped out with some questions... :D
                          ~* Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to *~

Comment

Cepa was only in one other pagent before she entered the MIW pagent, it was the Miss Indian USA pagent. and then she decided to do MIW, and she was 24.

Comment

Originally posted by NATIVE_DIVA
                              no bebe's kids.
                              Aye! LMAO, I luv dat movie!

WE DONT DIE WE MULTIPLY
                              ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
                              ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
                              *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

I think Miss World is a purchased title

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.